Chapter 50 - Double edged sword

"Man, you and Ranfa..." Kaminari was next to Kirishima as they ate breakfast. At their table, Uraraka, Mina, Tsuyu, Ojiro, and Mineta were there too. "I can't believe she would go that far- actually no. She will go that far. It's Ranfa after all. We all know she has a way with words."

"I just can't have her say that. We're all friends but she's making this out to be an us vs them scenario. I hate that. When did Ranfa become this way?" Kirishima sighed heavily, still sad and angry because of Ranfa's words. He didn't sleep well because of her.

"I feel bad..." Tsuyu mumbled. "I end up hurting other people's feelings again." 

"Tsuyu-chan, it's not your fault at all!" Mina assured right away, "Ranfa-chan has been acting differently ever since...you know?"

"She totally murdered the villain without hesitation! I saw it with my own eyes!" Mineta exclaimed, "She broke that sword as if it was nothing! She dealt with it so quickly!"

"Oi, oi, you don't think she intentionally killed the guy?!" Kaminari was a little scared now. "Shit! It's like playing Among Us! Only in this scenario, you couldn't kick out the imposter even if you know who it is!"

"T-that's horrible, Kaminari..." Ojiro didn't really like the way Kaminari made such a comparison. 

"Ojiro, you saw it with us!" Mineta argued. 

"I-I know what I saw! It's just...this is the Ranfa who fought a lonely fight just to protect her own twin." Ojiro never really spoke to Ranfa properly but after what happened at the Sports Festival during Ranfa's match with Michiyo, he saw Ranfa in a new light; he thought it was admirable that Ranfa chose to shoulder everything by herself and fight alone the whole time just to keep a grave secret to herself. He didn't want to believe Ranfa was such a person Mineta and Kaminari were making her out to be.

"Wait, I think I worked out the reason why she killed the guy so easily! She hid the lie that she killed her own dad away from Michiyo, right? To make yourself believe your own lie is the truth, you convince yourself it is the absolute truth!" Kaminari snapped his fingers, "That explains it!"

"Hah?!" Ojiro wanted to bang his head on the table! "That's ridiculous!"  

Mineta then saw Iida and Yaoyorozu. He invited Iida over so naturally Yaoyorozu will come over too to eat breakfast with them. "Morning! We're talking about Ranfa! Come and sit with us! Join the Tsuyu-chan team!"

"It's not nice to talk about others behind their backs, Mineta-kun. And don't call it that. You're making the class split into groups." Iida lightly warned him. 

"Mineta-san, you shouldn't do anything to cause dissonance between friends." Yaoyorozu agreed with Iida, "You sound petty when you do stuff like that." 

"Come on, you think Ranfa wants to get along with us after what she said? Everyone heard what she said. It's not exactly a secret anymore that she thinks she's better than all of us-" Kaminari felt someone move his head backward. He's now looking at Ranfa's face and her hair was draping down on either side of him

"That's bullshit. I don't think I'm better than all of you. I KNOW I am better than most of you. Especially you, Kaminari. What exactly have you done other than being the class's charger and free to use hostage for villains?" She moved his head back to normal again. She then looked at Mineta, who was REALLY regretting it now.

"D-don't kill me!"

Mina got out of her chair, "Ranfa-chan, stop it! You're scaring everyone with your attitude!"

"I woke up, not even had a fucking coffee, I have to deal with your paranoia first thing in the morning, and I'm the one with the fucking problem?" Ranfa walked away from them deciding to go and make coffee-