Chapter 60 - No more tears, let's smile

Ranfa was in her uniform and she went to the door of 1-A's classroom. She took a deep breath before opening the door. All eyes went to her. They were in the middle of taking in ideas of what to do for School Festival.

"Ranfa!" Kirishima and Michiyo were so happy to see her! Both of them got out of their seat. Michiyo hugged Ranfa while Kirishima patted her head. They're happy to see she's finally willingly come to the classroom by her own volition.

Even though Ranfa never went to any interning, she still had to study and go to extra classes. Instead of being in the classroom, she's given materials and she's been studying by herself in her own room. Aizawa was impressed with how fast she caught up, but he's not very impressed by her terrible English skills. It's showing improvement but it's still terrible at best. Well, as long as she barely pass English, it should be fine; all her other subjects balance it out anyway. 'Good, she's doing well. It was a good idea to ask a psychiatrist on what to do with Ranfa. If we follow their instruction on giving appropriate space for Ranfa, she will be better in no time.' Aizawa thought to himself. "I'm glad you are finally joining us in class, Ranfa. I'm proud of your progress."

"Hm. I had some talk with a psychiatrist and she told me I should take things on at a pace I am comfortable with. I can't always be in my room. Once I know what it's like to be around others, I realize how lonely loneliness can be." 

"Onee..." Michiyo watched Ranfa stand next to Aizawa. 

Ranfa had something to say to everyone. It's been on her mind for a very long time but she never had a chance to say anything because at first she thought it was the right thing to do to simply ignore it. If one truly willed it, one could remain ignorant forever but at the cost of never growing as a person. Ranfa decided to take it on because she knew if she didn't confront it, the problem will still exist. "Our views may differ and how we all become a Hero will be different. Even if our path to become the ideal Hero in our heads will differ, my wish is the same as each and every one of you. I want to protect others. The only thing I will apologize for is how I deliver my view on things, but I will not apologize for what happened at camp or how I went to rescue Yuuki on my own." She put her hand to her heart, "I'm Sakura Ranfa. What I said when I call myself Sakura Gozen hasn't changed."

Michiyo and Kirishima remember exactly what Ranfa said when she decided on her Hero Name

"I'll become a sword that will never ever shatter!"

"But it's not possible for a sword to remain unbroken unless the blade is made from diamonds, but my heart is not made of diamonds. Truth is, I broke and I lost my way- to the point I thought 'I don't want to be a Hero anymore'."

"Ranfa..." Kirishima looked at the floor, feeling a little guilty. 

"But a sword can be reforged again and again as long as the pieces are still there. I am the blacksmith of my story and the samurai too. I won't be brought down so easily. I'll keep standing up again and again...I just hope you're all still there as I pick up the pieces."

Her words made everyone re-think what they said to her when she returned. Some words that seemed overly positive were actually toxic positivity forcing her to forget about her own pain. The others had no idea they were slowly breaking her apart when she's in the middle of finding herself again. It made them realize just how childish they really were. They may be training to be Heroes but they've forgotten they're also just teenagers who did not know how to deal with situations outside of what they're studying.