Chapter 18 - Homura & Ranfa

(I've never shown what Homura look like

(I've never shown what Homura look like. He looks like that)

The students could return home and have a few days of rest. Aizawa hope for the ones who did not advance after the Cavalry Battle to have a think about what they should reflect on and what they should do to improve themselves for next year.

Everyone walked away with experience of the Sports Festival, they will be much better prepared next year for sure. Not only were they one another's rivals they will have to be prepared for those who lost outside of their class to claw their way up for next year!

The focus shifted to Ranfa's home. Homura, Ranfa's current guardian, was glad Ranfa and everyone have some time for rest because he believed she really needed it after the match with Michiyo.

Ranfa's resting in the futon of her home because of the injuries she had received from her mother's Quirk during her match with Michiyo.

Recovery Girl kissed her on the cheek, healing Ranfa like she would do for Midoriya and other injured people. "You're doing well. You will be back in the classroom before you know it, Ranfa."

"Yes. Thank you very much."

"Aizawa, you did a good job too. I don't mean from the injuries but for what you did for this girl. If you did not get those in the media to use their Quirk, no one would know a thing."

"I just did what I thought was right." Aizawa's no longer wrapped up with bandages. He sat by Ranfa's side, looking down at her, "How do you feel?"

"I feel light. All this time I always feel like I am being chained onto something so heavy but I was still trying to drag it as I walk."

"You were so young when you decided you have to protect Michiyo no matter what. Did you speak to the police?"

"I did. I told them the truth so they can amend the files about my Dad's case. They will class what Michiyo did back then as a Quirk accident as well as self defense. Even if my mom wants to say otherwise, it doesn't change the fact my dad wanted to use my Quirk to commit murder and get away with it. Michiyo accidentally killing him may be wrong but it in turn saved lives of other people we do not know." Recalling the past, Ranfa felt saddened by it all. To this day, she still doesn't understand why her always so kind father would change that day. "I told the police all that I know. My mother will definitely defend herself with a lawyer and refuse to tell the police anything about the past. I told the police all that I can remember. Anything else, I do not know."

"I see. You've done well for yourself, Ranfa. It's a long and painful road you have took but I'm proud of you for going this far."

Ranfa looked at her Homeroom teacher with resolution in her eyes, "Yes."