Chapter 16 U.A. Sports Festival Arc - Big sister

In a traditional Japanese style home, 8 year old Michiyo was playing with Ranfa. The two of them have a lot of Licca-chan dolls but they always use their very first doll for most of the imaginative plays. In this scenario, their Licca-chan dolls were convenient store workers. They were having fun until they heard their parents were back from some kind of conference.

"I can't believe them! They didn't even listen to me and they kept interrupting me! Who do they think they are?!" Ayame was very crossed. The twins stopped what they're playing and they looked at the door of their closed room. They were both now quiet because they wanted to hear what their parents were annoyed with.

Ranfa slide open the paper door slightly. She and Michiyo could see their mom and dad. Ayame looked very angry whereas Kouji looked worried.

"Honey, don't be like that. They are shareholders after all. You can't expect them to agree right away."

"I don't care if they're our shareholders! If I want to push this project forward, I will! Kouji, you agree with me!"

"I know I do, but some of them did raise a good point. There is a lot of issues if this project get leaked out to the public. The Sakura Zaibatsu will end up causing an uprising."

"What is wrong with Quirk engineering? We can create a future where no humans will be born with pathetic Quirks. Everyone will be able to become a Hero. I'm literally breaking the limits and they lecture me about morals! Those men in their expensive suits and evading tax as much as possible talking to me about morals!" Ayame looked really annoyed and Kouji hugged her, trying to calm her. "Kouji, even when we tell them about the twins, they...they...!"

"I know, I know."

"It's because only one of them showed results! Dammit! If I knew this was going to happen, I wouldn't have told them about Michiyo! She's 8 and she doesn't even have a Quirk yet! We did everything the same with Ranfa and she showed no results! If she had shown results, those men would have agreed!"

"Ayame, let's call it a night."

"Kouji, aren't you angry too?! We both worked hard on it!"

"Ayame, you want me to be honest? Maybe if you destroyed your documents properly, they wouldn't be calling us immoral. You cloned from our girls- you unethically created a human being and what became of her? You ended up disposing her because you fired a staff and she fucked the clone up with an animal based Quirk as revenge!"

"Oh, so now you're saying it's my fault?! It's my fault that I want to create a generation of powerful Quirk users and possibly eliminate racism and this is the thanks I get?!"

"You don't get it! I never wanted you to test it on the twins! You told me it will only be once and then you turn around and made a clone out of one of them! Have you done anything else to them that I should be aware of?!"

"Kouji, what the hell are you having a go at me for?!"

"I'm having a go at you because you can't set your priorities right! If you are going to experiment, experiment on other people's children! Those are our girls! What are you going to do if something went wrong?!"

"You say that but you make it sound like I am the one with a problem here?!"

Ranfa closed the paper door and she looked at her sister to see she looked sad; their parents were disappointed because Michiyo did not develop a Quirk 3 years after the age where most children would develop it. Michiyo started to cry because their parents were arguing. She doesn't like it when they shout at the top of their lungs because it frightened her.