Chapter 21 - Internship Arc - Practice makes Perfect

It's the 2nd day of Internship.

"Wow~! Ranfa went to kick some ass! I wanna go out and fight someone too!" Yuuki was reading from a newspaper while on a lunch break Manual's Hero Agency. So far nothing big was happening and all they did was patrol the streets. Yuuki liked it here in Hosu. The food was nice and everyone's nice to her. She liked going to the markets because the old people give her free snacks.

"You both look like one another." Manual said to her. Upon hearing that, Yuuki tookher smartphone out and showed her pictures of herself, Michiyo and Ranfa. Manual looked even more surprised. "No way! You look like triplets! Are they not your sisters?"

"Nope~."

"Eh? That's really weird. So what does your parents look like?"

Yuuki smiled, "Ehe, I don't have parents~."

"Don't go 'ehe' when you tell people you don't have parents! You're making things awkward for the one who asked!"

"Ehehe~. I might not have parents but I have Pancake House's manager looking out for me. Also, I'll have parents one day. I just need to get married to Bakugou and then his parents will become my parents!"

"That's a very outgoing view you have there. Why that guy anyway? I mean, from the clips from the Sports Festival, he seems very...what's the word? Explosively aggressive?"

"Right? But I've been with him for so long that I can't imagine him marrying someone else."

"Yuuki..." Manual was thinking Bakugou was one lucky guy-

"I mean, if he marries someone else, the poor girl will have a lot to handle. I should take one for all the females around the world. Plus, I might get a Nobel Prize for my noble act."

"You're serious..." Manual thought too soon! Now he felt bad for Bakugou! "A-also, that thing you told me about- about how you go from human to honey badger?"

"Oh yeah! I mentioned that! It would be nice if I can go between forms at a quicker rate. I want to be able to control it."

"So basically, you wish to manipulate the time between the two forms." He saw Yuuki nodding. "You were telling me you can shift from human to a literal honey badger but turning back is hard and random. That is a pretty big disadvantage."

"Right?! And if I can go between forms, think about the possibilities!"

Manual gave it some thoughts and he came to one conclusion, "You should train your Quirk. Instead of transforming your human form to have honey badger abilities, why not go straight into your literal honey badger form. Surely if you train it, you will be able to shift between forms."

"Train my Quirk?"

"Training your Quirk is like exercising your body. It's part of you, isn't it? The more you use it, the more your body will remember it."

"I see! I'm going to do my best!" She transformed into a literal honey badger! "Manual-san, I'm ready to patrol!"

However, patrolling in her literal honey badger form was hard because people were calling animal patrol on her and throughout the day, Manual kept telling the police officers the same thing: "It's a person! Really!"

"Sir, is Hero work stressing you out so much you are imagining things?" The police wasn't convinced.

"No, no! Not at all! This honey badger is actually an intern!" Poor Manual had to spend 10 minutes to explain his story! "Yuuki, please say something!"