run aways - killua z.

——————————————————————

in which, they both run away to escape a reality they never asked for.

angst / fluff

warnings : mentions of abuse, y/n has a stutter
——————————————————————

HE SNUCK INTO HER BEDROOM WINDOW, his milky white hair shining in the moonlight. she called him late at night, in tears once more, scared for her life. she thought it was the end, therefore she was hiding in her closet.

"let's go," he whispered to her once he opened the closet door. she was balled up in the corner beside a bag. he held out his hand slowly, waiting for her to grab it.

she sniffled softly, putting her hand in his until they heard shuffling coming up the stairs.

"shit," killua cussed under his breath, quickly pulling the girl with him & out the window. "fuck, your bag."

he looked back to her bedroom door, before going back through the window.

"w-w-what? what're you doing?" y/n asked killua. he rushed back to the closet, grabbing the bag as the footsteps became louder & louder towards her bedroom.

he quickly left the window once more, jumping from the tree with y/n and running down the street until they found an empty alleyway.

"where from he-here?" she asked, looking at the new bruise on his arm. he breathed heavily, trying to catch his breath. he looked left and right, on edge about everything- paranoid.

this was her first time ever seeing her bestfriend so jittery. so on edge. so- out of it.

"i don't know." he stated after a few minutes of silence. "fuck, i don't know."

"hey k-k-killua, it's fine. we ca-can just keep walking-g-g- y'know. until we find-"

"no- no way." he cut her off. he could tell she was trying to force her stutter away, hes noticed it a lot lately; which the reason why he wanted to get her out of there.

"maybe we can just crash at leorio's until we can actually get out of here- we have like what? 15 minutes until illumi comes after us?" killua ranted, mumbling to himself as he paced back & forth.

"y-y-y-yeah. let's jus-st stay with l-l-leor-leorio." she pursed her lips together, mentally cursing at herself for her stutter that seemed never ending.

'let's stay with leorio.' she signed to him. she learned sign language in order to communicate with others since she was selectively mute for the longest. her parents would try to force her stutter off, or have her communicate with sign language instead. & if she stuttered once, they'd hit her.

"stop with the signing," killua sighed. he learned sign language for her but he always hated when she used it. he always believed she should speak up, literally. he loved listening to her talk, no matter how much she stuttered or slipped up on words.

she frowned slightly before signing 'sorry.' he sighed once more, bringing the shorter girl into a hug and putting his chin on the top of her head.

"it's okay. just- let's just get out of here. we'll stay at leorio's for the rest of the night; early morning we leave." he exclaims. "you need the sleep."

"o-okay." she whispered. and with that leorio opened his doors for the both of them. he let them sleep in a spare room of his after they cleaned up and bandaged their bruises.

y/n was fast asleep. she needed it after an exhausting week. everything she did was wrong, everything she said was wrong, everything she thought was wrong. her family tried brainwashing her into thinking her life existence was just.. wrong.

killua, however, stayed awake. his leg bounced as he sat in the chair across the room from the sleeping girl. his mind raced, all his thoughts jumbling together in a never ending battle between each other.

they should've waited until they had a clear plan. but if they did that either one of them could be dead.

it didn't matter anymore. all he knew was he was going to save her, just like she was going to save him.