thank you - sasuke u.

——————————————————————

in which, it was forever & always.

angst / fluff
mother!reader

warnings : blood, gore (?), trauma, uchiha clan massacre, spoilers(?)

——————————————————————

YOU WOKE UP ABRUPTLY IN YOUR hospital bed; out of breath as you huffed to catch it.

"fuck," you sighed, closing your eyes and laying back down as you tried to remember what even happened.

"you good?" you hear from beside you. looking over slightly, you see asuma with his eyebrow raised slightly.

"yeah." you breath out, feeling like you forgot something. before asuma could say anything else, you shot up out of bed; running towards the door and almost tripping over your own feet.

you ignored asuma's concern and worried tone as he told you, you still needed rest. you went straight to the first nurse you saw and asked for the boys name.

-

"old man." you stated after finally being released from the hospital. you barged right into the hokage's office, making lord third sigh.

"y/n, what have i told you about just barging in?"

"well, i used to do it with minato sensei- not the point. i wanna adopt that kid." you nodded determined before hiruzen sighed and went back to paperwork.

"no can do. you're not of legal age yet." he hummed before you tsk'ed. "however, i am not going to stop you from living with the boy."

"great!" you beamed, ignoring the eye roll your hokage did.

"we have an apartment for the both of you, and you'll get an allowance every month.. i do assume you're taking time off anbu?" he asked, raising an eyebrow as he peeped up at you for a second.

you nodded briefly before he dismissed you, rather rudely.

-

"okay! looks like this is our new home kid." you smile shortly as the little boy refused to speak.

you've known sasuke for a while, considering you did work with itachi & we're very close friends with him.

he was always a bright & bubbly boy but now? he won't even speak.

"how about a warm bath?" you asked, looking down at him as he nodded shortly. you smiled, taking a hold of his hand before waking down the hallway towards the bathroom.

you ran some hot water before sitting on your knees in front of the 8 year old kid. you helped him undress before holding the clothes in your hand and nodding to yourself. you watched his eyes dart around the bandages and cuts around your arm and face before moving to the floor.

"i'll wash these while you-" you were cut off by him holding onto your sleeve while you stood. "or, i can join?"

he nodded silently before stepping into the hot, bubbly water and waiting for you. you undressed slightly, grabbing another towel before joining behind him.

"are you hungry?" you asked the little boy who shook his head. you sighed softly, before smiling; knowing you'd make him food anyway.

"close your eyes." you hum softly as you washed his hair for him; hoping he'd loosen up.

-

"c'mon, all i have left are tomatoes.. want those?" you asked, hoping sasuke would at least try to eat.