wait - kakashi h.

——————————————————————

in which, she promised to wait for him

angst

warnings : shippuden spoiler?
——————————————————————

KAKSHI CONFUSINGLY FOUND HIMSELF in a dark abyss of nothingness. he felt himself sitting on something wooden; knocking his hand on it he found it to be a log.

looking in the middle of the abyss, he sees a fire light up out of no where. to the right of himself he sees his father who stares into it aimlessly.

"it's been a long time, kakashi." his father hums. "now that you're here, why won't you tell me your tale?"

"okay, but it's a long one. i would like to take my time." kakashi hums in his usual laid back manner; ignoring the second presence on his left.

the two talked, kakashi going through his life story about how bitter he became when his father, the white fang, committed suicide.

"i'm proud of you." he concludes, looking at his father with a smile under his mask. a short giggle was heard from the left which caused him to whip his head about to it.

"jeez, haven't you changed a lot 'kashi!" she beamed. y/n. of course she was here as well.

that's when it had hit kakashi. he had broken his promise. it felt like he was 14 again; staring back at a 14 year old y/n who made him promise to wait for her.

she'd been through so much. and he'd wished to save her. but he couldn't save someone who wished to not be saved.

"yeah." he chuckled calmly, scratching the back of his sheepishly. coming face to face with the love of your life after a while was... embarrassing for him.

she squished his face in her hands causing him to stare in her eyes; as if she was looking deep into his soul with just one look.

"but you're here too early silly." she said, seriously. she was always happy-go-lucky, comedic relief if you will. she was never serious, not even during serious missions.

seeing her so serious now caused him to realize how much he missed out with her.

"i'm so glad you've changed! i've watched you grow from a bitter little boy to an amazing sensei! you're doing so well, and i will forever be proud of the kakashi hatake!" she stated, hugging the male while he started glowing blue.

"what's happening?" he asked, looking at his hands and arms that held a blue aura before hugging the girl tighter.

"it's like your girlfriend said, you're here too early." kakashi's father hummed lowly, chuckling to himself while he still managed to just stare into the fire.

"i see." kakashi mumbled, hesitantly releasing his grip on the girl when she pulled away with the same smile on her face.

"i'll see you later, yeah?" she hummed, her smile growing wider. "don't worry. i'm not gonna go anywhere. i'll wait for you right here, promise kakashi!"

"you must have unfinished business." sakumo hummed. "i'm grateful we had time to talk, and for your forgiveness. i can finally move on in peace."

"father-" kakashi started, feeling himself slip back into consciousness in the real world. "y/n?"

"i love you, 'kashi!" was the last of what he'd heard before his eyes shot open. heavy breathing accompanied him while he was still in the last place he remembered.

"must've been a horrid dream." he mumbled to himself, staring up at the sky. the clouds depicted two kids sitting on their knees in front of each other; a girl who seemed happy and a boy who seemed bitter.

"see you, sakumo?" y/n asked, innocently tilting her head to the side when the older male got up from the log.

"if i were you, i'd move on as well. no use in sitting there for more years than you already need to, kid." sakumo sighed, knowing her answer wouldn't change.

it was always the same. every since she got there.

"no way! i made a promise to 'kashi!" she laughed while the silver haired male shook his head with a chuckle of his own.

"you and these promises." he sighed, patting her head before walking further into the abyss. "the next time i see you, i expect to see my son by your side; right?"

"damn right old man!" she laughed along with the male before he disappeared. "damn right." she mumbled to herself feeling lonely without the second presence with her while she stared into the fire.