for tonight - armin a.

——————————————————————

in which, for tonight they were theirs

fluff, modern, smut

warnings : toxicity, soft sex, slight fingering, rambles, praise

——————————————————————

THE TWO OF YOU WEREN'T TOGETHER, everyone knew that. the two of you had this unspoken mutual agreement that you wouldn't work no matter how hard you tried.

the relationship would've been just too toxic.

therefore, you settled for fuck buddies. even though that's what the both of you want— to be close to each other— you both knew you couldn't keep it up for long.

which always lead armin to showing up at random times, just because he didn't want to leave you alone. it wasn't really the sex he was after, but he knew that the sex was the only thing going to keep you around him.

but one day— after being out with your friend who stepped away to the bathroom— you stated that it wasn't working anymore.

not the sex, no. the relationship you both had. so the both of you distanced yourselves. of course eren & mikasa & everyone else could plainly see it, so they asked what was up and the both of you would reply with a simple "nothing."

that'd been a few months ago.

you sat at your desk doing homework; giveon playing loudly in your airpods to distract yourself from the complaining you wanted to do while dealing with tons of math.

you reminisced back to when you & armin were cool. honestly, he would've just told you to take a break at the moment. to calm down and breathe. rest your mind.

which is exactly what you did. you threw your pencil down & paused your music before taking out your airpod; continuously humming the song that was just playing.

you walked downstairs to get a bottle of water and some pain relief to help with the oncoming headache you felt. you paused when you heard a knock from the door. a certain pattern of knocks to be specific which made you audibly make a questioning sound.

you stood at the door for a few seconds. just standing there.

"do i open it?" you mumbled to yourself. you knew it was armin just from the knock. what could he want though?

"i know you're standing there, y/n." you heard after another few antagonizing minutes. his voice startled you for a second; mostly because you didn't expect him to say that. "open the door."

you sighed, finally opening it and standing in the doorway to face the blue eyed boy. his face flushed a bright red, and his posture told you he was very nervous.

or maybe just cold.

"can i come in?" he asked softly, smiling at you while he bounced on the heels of his feet.

"oh, yeah." you mumbled, opening the door wider for the male who slowly walked in and familiarized himself with the layout of your house once more. "what's up?" you asked, slowly closing the door before turning around.

"if i'm being honest, just wanted to see you." he shrugged, removing his coat and shoes. "missed you."

"you state that very nonchalantly." you chuckled, smiling and leaning against the wall. "why didn't you just text?"

"knew you wouldn't have answered." he mumbled, moving closer towards you while holding eye contact. his cold hands met with the warm skin on your face while he smiled softly at you.