therapy - rindou h.

——————————————————————

in which, he couldn't tell if he was the one that needed therapy, or her

fluff

warnings : mentions of drinking, drugs, gangs, death, anxiety

——————————————————————

"HE THINKS THERAPY'S STUPID AND I DONT NEED IT." rindou mumbled, fiddling with his fingers while the girl in front of him hummed.

he was talking about his older brother to his therapist. he was always nervous talking to her- not because she was gonna judge him, she's not allowed to that's her job or course.

no, he was nervous because she was so damn pretty.

"and how does that make you feel?" she asked, fixing her glasses that were slowly falling down her nose.

"i don't know," he mumbled, shrugging. "indifferent."

"that's not true." she stated quickly, making eye contact with the male in front of her. he sat on a couch in her office, shoes off while he sat criss crossed.

she encouraged him to always be comfortable; being comfortable always allowed people to talk. and that's what they were here for, talking.

"how're you gonna tell me?" rindou huffed, raising an eyebrow while running a hand through his hair. he didn't make eye contact with her anymore, looking at the picture on her wall behind her.

"body language. you're looking at the picture not me, hand just ran through your hair, and you haven't fixed your glasses." she hummed, pointing her pen at the male.

"how come you know everything about me but, i know nothing about you?" he hummed while she chuckled at his subject change.

she looked at her watch, 20 minutes left.

"switch seats." she stated, standing up and changing notepads. she handed him a blank one while he sat down in her usual seat; notepad and pen like he was the therapist. "last 20 minutes, we'll talk about me."

she took off her shoes, getting comfortable on the couch and sighing before smiling softly at rindou who was shocked this actually worked.

"uh- okay um..." he stuttered, thinking of the first questions she'd ever ask him. "um.. how was your childhood?"

she smiled tiredly, sighing with a dry chuckle and closing her eyes. she thought the best way to gain trust was to be honest.

"oh where to start, where to start." she sighed, tilting her head back. "mother alcoholic who was addicted to any drug she could consume. father was absent then died when i was 9? 10 maybe."

rindou frowned, paying attention but still writing down notes- he's seen her do this and it usually helps her remember things to talk about with him.

"dropped out of highschool, followed my mothers path of drinking and drugs until i watched my best friend die." she sighed, the same tired smile never leaving her face.

it was always soft, reminiscent. he'd never seen her smile in such an ungenuine way.

"it wasn't from drugs- well, it was. she was in a relationship with a drug dealer who was also in a gang, something along those lines. gang fights, guns, drugs, bam- she's dead." she chuckled to brighten the mood a little. rindou nodded slowly, seeing this was her coping mechanism.