counterfeit - kenma k.

——————————————————————

in which, she didn't want to do this anymore

angst?? fluff??

warnings : gang mentions, money laundering

unfinished draft but anyway, i finally made a kenma book possibly go check it out bc why not 🧍🏽‍♀️

——————————————————————

"DON'T TOUCH THOSE, THEY'RE STILL WET." y/n uttered, quickly trying to stop kenma from messing up the counterfeit money she so hardly worked on.

"hm? i don't care." kenma mumbled, walking around the abandoned building they used for gang transactions. kenma leaned over the table on the other side of her, smiling softly as he watched her nervously paint the paper green. "stop being so nervous, you're gonna fuck it up." he hummed softly.

"right." she huffed, taking a deep breath. "can i- say something?" she asked, tapping her finger on the table.

kenma hummed, intrigued. he slowly stood back up, putting his pretty gun on the table and standing beside her. his tattooed fingers softly gripped her chin; making her stiffen at the contact.

"choose your words carefully." he hummed, watching as she bite the inside of her cheek before nodding slowly.

"i- uhm.. don't want to do this anymore." she mumbled, staring off into space on the verge of tears.

her words angered kenma. his grip on her chin tightened before he sighed and let her go when he heard her yelp. he fixed his hair in a low bun, dragging his hands down his face. the tattoo on his neck showed & his arms flexed with every movement.

she was the smarter of all of them. he'd threatened her life multiple times, yet she still stuck around. he hated to say it, but he had grown attached to her in more ways than one.

"you deadass?" kenma huffed, lowering his head to look at her. she didn't answer. he sighed, tilting her head softly to look her in the eye. "you. deadass?" he asked again, slower.

"yes." she muttered. kenma frowned, almost teasingly at the girl before chuckling.

"oh baby," he sighed, throwing his arm around her shoulder to look at the money she had stopped painting. "you're in this for life now. no backing out. you know too much; i'd have to kill you. and, quite frankly, i don't wanna have to kill my girl."

she physically softened at the last sentence. he always called her his girl. she wasn't fazed or uncomfortable by it, she just found it out of the ordinary that a gang leader would choose the most sensitive girl to lean on.

"would you rather keep making this money for me and the others, or die?" he asked softly, honestly scared of her answer.

her e/c orbs gazed into his honey colored ones, searching for the answer he wished for her to respond with. she was just his puppet.

"i'll make the money." she stated, almost like a robot.

"aw, don't sound so enthusiastic y/n." he frowned playfully. he never used her name. she stiffened again before kenma noticed his own mistake- he was making her scared. "c'mon baby, once you finish we can go get food."

she smiled weakly, going back to painting the green color on the fake money before eyeing kenma's hand grabbing his gun before he sat in a chair across the table from her.

he put it on safety, like always when she was around before fiddling with the silver rings on his fingers. he watched her work carefully, intimated by his presence. he hummed softly to help her nerves, smiling at the girl with a dazed look of adoration.

she finished up, going out to eat with the male and afterwards driving home in his black, tinted, suv. his hand laid limply on her soft thigh, slowly moving his thumb in a comforting manner.

bang!

"what was that?" y/n asked, looking back as she continued to hear the loud noises hit the car. kenma quickly swerved, picking up speed.

"guns-"

"gunshots? now? really?" she asked, absolutely in shock. it was like kenma had planned this- which he didn't.

"bulletproof windows, sweetheart." he sighed, losing the males shooting at him in a random alleyway that was blocked off from the road. "cant take you home." he mumbled.

he took off his seatbelt, y/n following behind shaking slightly.

"why not?!" she hissed, ready to just get out and walk. she didn't live that far. kenma locked the doors; making sure she wouldn't do her stupid intrusive decision.

"as you can probably see," he mumbled, rolling his eyes, "someone has a target on my ass."

"well?! call kuroo? bokuto- akaashi? someone?!" she stated, nervous since her ass was on the line as well.

"calm down," he mumbled softly, rubbing her thigh with his tatted hand. he looked her up and down; her heavy breathing from panicking, her shaking figure, her wide, panicked out eyes.

she was so pretty.

"we're gonna be here for a while." he sighed, closing his eyes & sinking further into his seat. "my men are out of town, just us."

"well, i'll call my girls!" y/n stated quickly, while kenma shook his head.

"i'm afraid your girls won't do much to help. just you... & me now sweetheart."