i've missed you - kakashi h.

——————————————————————

in which, he starts to like her

fluff / angst

warnings : massacre, mentions of blood, trauma

i'm rewatching naruto & it made me remember how much i luv kakashi
——————————————————————

SHE RAN THROUGH HER FAMILY'S compound late at night; her sharingan activated as she tried to come across the killer.

she abruptly stopped, looking up at the younger boy. he held a katana in his hand, clutching it more with every passing second.

he was having an internal conflict on if he really wanted to kill her. she had lost just about everything in her life, so killing her would bring her relief.. right?

"you don't have to do this itachi." she whispered, slowly walking up to her friend. warm tears flowed down her [skin tone] face before she was pulled into an unexpected hug.

"i do. but watch over him for me, please n/n?" he whispered, giving her one more soft smile despite the tired look in his eyes before disappearing.

she had no idea where to go, or what to do. it seemed her mind went completely blank, only going to where her feet took her.

-

the girl knocked weakly on her last living teammates door. she was emotionally and physically drained from all the crying and running, therefore when kakashi finally opened the door she fell to her knees.

"what do you want?" his harsh tone cut through her ears, making her sniffle.

"can i stay here? just for a little. i'll leave in a week or so. i know i'm just a burden to you." she whispered, refusing eye contact with the silver haired male that stood above her.

a harsh sigh was heard after a while as he moved aside to let her in.

"i'll run you a bath." he mumbled as she weakly crawled into the home and closed the door behind her.

"thank you, really kakashi."

after a bath was ran and she was cleaned from all the blood and sweat, she sat down on the floor with a blanket over her.

"here." kakashi stated, sitting a cup of freshly brewed tea in front of her. she just stared at the cup, trying to process everything that went down in the past hour.

"do you want something to eat?" kakashi asked rather rudely, raising an eyebrow. out of the entire time he's been frien- teammates with y/n he's never seen her anything but bubbly and happy; even after her bestfriend's died.

"he didn't kill me." was the first words she uttered after a while. "why? i'm still of uchiha blood, even if it's not fully- so why?" she muttered, looking over at kakashi who's gaze softened.

-

"i haven't seen y/n in about two weeks." kurenai sighed, frowning slightly as she waited for her ramen. "do you think she got caught in the massacre?"

"i'd hope not." asuma said from beside her, fidgeting with his fingers before looking over at kakashi who bit his lip under his mask.

"you think she's okay?"

"she's fine." kakashi huffed, closing his eyes with a sigh.

"have you seen her latel-"

"yes. she's staying with me." kakashi answered quickly, not wanting to have to deal with answering so many questions. he quickly grabbed his food, paying, and leaving for home.