cheesy romance manga - chifuyu matsuno

——————————————————————

in which, chifuyu's life turns into a cheesy romance manga

fluff

warnings : slight manga spoiler?
——————————————————————

"SORRY I'M A LITTLE LATE," chifuyu sighed softly, giving his boss a small smile to which she returned.

"it's fine, matsuno-kun!" she hummed, looking back at the small girl who was still in her school uniform. "we have a little help nowadays."

chifuyu's eyes squinted slightly as he examined the girl who seemed to be in the same uniform as his schools. he huffed slightly, looking at her shoes to notice she was the same year - so why had he never seen her?

the more he stared, the more he felt as if it was a cheesy panel from a romance manga.

he shook his head before walking up to the girl who stumbled a little carrying a heavy box.

"i got it." he hummed, taking it from her before putting it up on the top shelf.

"ah, thank you..." she trailed off, silently asking for his name.

"chifuyu." he smiled softly. "uh, are you a newbie?"

"uh? oh! no, i volunteer! my names y/n!" the girl hummed, smiling brightly at chifuyu.

———

"what's up with you?" baji huffed, snapping his fingers in front of his best friends face. chifuyu had been dosing in and out all day- too busy thinking about the girl who started volunteering.

"nothing." he lied, getting up with a few yen. "i'm going to the vending machine, i'll be right back."

baji stared in suspicion before slowly nodding his head. chifuyu took the time to walk off, thinking about y/n and how cool she was.

they'd talked and gotten to know each other pretty well at the pet shop- turns out, she was a student at his school, in the same year, and in fact was a tutor!

he sighed quietly to himself, wondering where she was to ask her to sit with him & baji for lunch.

what he didn't expect was to run into her at the vending machines; more specifically her kicking the vending machine in obvious irritation when he turned the corner.

"you okay?" he chuckled, startling the girl who held some peyoung yakisoba in her hand.

"great! um, stupid thing took my money but.. it's fine." she sighed, giving him a soft smile before walking off.

chifuyu sighed, still using the same vending machine since he'd been through the problem many times himself.

two sodas fell, one of his own and the other one being hers. he walked off, hoping to find her again before he got to his table.

again, it seemed like this girl was full of surprises. as soon as he got to his table, he found y/n talking with baji.

"uh?" he let out, sitting beside the girl and handing her her drink.

"oh! thank you, mats-"

"chifuyu." he interrupted, smiling at her while she nodded. "how do you two... know each other?"

"she's my tutor." baji beamed, fixing his glasses on his face before looking at chifuyu.

"you say that a little too proudly keisuke." she chuckled, breaking her chopsticks before handing them to chifuyu. "wanna split?"