safe - kenma k.

——————————————————————

in which, they feel safe around each other.

fluff / angst

warnings : panic attacks, slight bullying

follows the hc that kenma's autistic
——————————————————————

Y/N SMILED AT THE DUAL HAIRED BOY that sat beside her at school. she barely knew the boy; and any time she tried to get to know him, he'd shut her down with mumbling and quiet mutters.

she noticed he only had one real friend; kuroo, who graduated last year. since then, he was barely ever sociable; an invisible ghost to everyone.

the bell rung, indicating school was finally over as all the students quickly filed out of the room.

kenma put in headphones, listening to music as he quickly walked down the crowded hallway; trying not to freak out at all the noise.

he started to mumble to himself, counting from 1 to 100 like his therapist told him too before he accidentally bumped into someone.

continuing his adventure to the exit, he didn't take any mind to it before he was yanked back by his hoodies hood.

"aye! you don't hear me talking to you?" a guy said, slamming kenma's body into the locker before continuing to yell.

kenma's eyes darted everywhere but to the taller guy in front of him; his breathing picking up as he kept counting.

he couldn't hear what the guy was saying. his voice was loud & he talked to fast for kenma's understanding- making him freak out even more.

"hey, cant you see hes not all there?" the girl beside him laughed, watching kenma slid down the wall with his hands over his head; rocking shortly.

y/n watched the altercation, squinting her eyes until she saw kenma pulling at his hair before slightly banging his head against the locker behind him.

she dropped her bag, running towards it and pushing through the small crowd that was gathering around.

"hey, kay! get a nurse!" she yelled, looking over her shoulder at her friend who nodded and ran off.

"please move back!" she stated, looking at more and more people gather around; causing his episode to get worse.

she gently grabbed his face, shushing him and whispering to help calm his nerves. the loud hallway got even louder as they continued to stare at the interaction.

"hey, look at me." she kept whispering. she gently took one of his hands as he shook his head; continuing to look straight ahead.

he rocked himself as his knees were to his chest; his free hand clawing and pulling at his blonde hair.

she intertwined their fingers, nodding at the boy before slowly taking his other hand.

"you're safe." she whispered, doing the same thing with his other hand before he squeezed it tightly; digging his fingernails into the back of her hand.

"safe?" he asked, his rocking coming down to a stop before he nodded. his breathing evened, and he stopped his slight shaking.

"you're safe."

-

"thanks." kenma mumbled to the girl as she got onto the train behind him. he sat down, staring ahead out the window.