can't love you - itadori y.

——————————————————————

in which, they can't love each other because they cause each other too much pain

fluff/angst

warnings : manga spoilers

——————————————————————

"SHIT, WHATS BURNING ALL THESE CURSES?" itadori mumbled, looking at the burnt ash on the ground. he was by himself considering his group decided to split up to cover more ground; however, every curse he came across became burnt ash in the matter of seconds.

another curse came out from the woods. they weren't very strong curses, so he thought he'd be to handle them himself.

when he got ready, he noticed it turned to ash yet again. this time was different though, he saw another curse behind it.

she was completely made of fire; her flamed red hair sticking up before slowly falling down to rest behind her back.

does he attack? it seemed to have been helping him this entire time. but at the same time, there could be an alternative motive.

"uh- sorry?" the curse muttered softly, clearing her throat before itadori slowly let his fists down.

she was apologizing?

"there's hella curses out here, so i thought i'd help you out." she chuckled softly, scratching the nape of her neck sheepishly.

"oh?" itadori asked confused. he squinted his eyes at her before circling around her. he poked her before hissing and shaking his finger to ease the burn. "so you're actual fire?"

"obviously." she chuckled softly, moving back from the male so she wouldn't burn him again.

"wait.. you're a talking curse?!" itadori asked in shock. his eyes softened in awe; this was his third time coming across a talking curse but she was sweet. nice.

didn't want to kill him.

"yeah? you don't come across many, huh?" she chuckled nervously, smiling shyly at the pink haired male who seemed to get comfortable around her.

"what the fuck is that supposed to mean?!" a mouth asked, coming from his cheek. she chuckled softly, recognizing the voice.

"so you're the idiot that decided he'd eat sukuna's fingers?" she laughed, watching itadori's cheeks burn up as he became flustered.

"yeah- i guess so." he chuckled softly, rubbing the back of his head.

"so what's your plan with that? you're living with a deranged idiot inside of you. you plan to eat all his fingers or something?" she chuckled, not expecting his response.

"yeah actually." he mumbled, trying to ignore sukuna's yelling (to which he could hear in his mind). "after that, i get executed. i just hope to help as many people as i can!" he beamed, making the girl frown.

"i see." she mumbled, the grass under her feet started to burn to ash as more and more emotions started to build up inside her.

"you're kinda.. burning the grass there..." he chuckled nervously, pointing at it before she looked down.

"shit!" she yelled, moving back but only causing a trail of fire to follow her. which made her panic even more.

itadori caught the hint, starting to follow after her while her hair started to stand on top of her head; showing her power was activated.