deal - neji h.

——————————————————————

in which, they were rivals

fluff, modern

warnings : drinking! they are both assholes LMAO

——————————————————————

"OH." neji's face was neutral like always as he looked at the top students of the school during the semester. he was second. first loser to y/n l/n by 2 points.

fuck her.

he absolutely hated her. she was better at everything by always one point. he could have a 98 in chemistry, his best subject, and she would still have a 99, her worst subject.

"she pisses me off." neji mumbled to himself; his lavender irises not moving from the piece of paper that was hanging on the board in the hallway.

his face was getting hot, as if he was about to blow a fucking fuse. she wasn't even anything special, she cheated her way throughout middle school all because her fucking mom died. how the fuck is she still beating him in everything? how the actual fuck is she getting better grades when he's working his ass off to actually make something of himself.

"mad or something?" he heard a voice, a very familiar voice. one he wished he didn't recognize right away.

slowly, he turned out to be met with y/n's cocky smile. oh, how he wished to just slap it off her face.

"why would i be mad at something you cheated to accomplish?" he asked, tilting his head. though his face still stayed stoic, his voice was harsh.

"oh wow, still talking about middle school.. huh?" she chuckled, "that was 5 years ago, get over it."

"i'll get over it when you admit your wrongs." he shrugged, "i should've won that fucking medal."

"oh, you mean my first place science medal? or my first place math fair one? oh maybe you're talking about the first place-"

"enough." neji sighed, cutting her off with a harsh glare while she innocently chuckled. "you're such an asshole, how the fuck is hinata friends with you?" he scoffed, watching y/n's face contort into innocent confusion.

"hm? you mean the same sweet cousin you fucking bullied when you were kids? how would your dad feel about that-"

"how would your mother feel about you digging so low?" neji huffed. she could dig low, but always, he could dig lower.

her face started to show her anger that was slowly building from the beginning of this conversation. it was nothing unusual, just the two bickering back & forth in the halls until someone finally broke it up.

"leave my mother out of this, neji." she scoffed, starting to drop her bag while neji softly chuckled.

"it's okay when you bring up my father, but lord forbid i bring your mom into the mix, hm?" he smiled, finally finding amusement in the argument as he slowly dropped his bag as well.

if she hit him, he'd hit her back. simple.

"ugh! can you two just kiss & makeup?! you're arguing about the stupidest shit!" naruto sighed, throwing his arm around the two grumbling teens.

"yeah." hinata butted in quietly, but of course it was like her words went on deaf ears neji's way.

"please, for the love of god hinata, keep your cousin in check before i beat his ass." y/n scoffed, picking up her bag and brushing naruto's arm off her shoulder.