daddy issues - touya t.

——————————————————————

in which, they both have raging daddy issues

angst

warnings : endeavor, mentions of abuse, drug usage, no quirk au
——————————————————————

"YOU STOPPED TAKING YOUR MEDICINE?" the white haired male asked the girl. she nodded with a hum, looking over at her best friend.

"i don't need them anymore." she smiled. "i've been pretty happy without them."

the two 13 year olds walked back to touya's house after a day out. they deserved it, says y/n's mother.

in reality, y/n's mom just didn't want her there for a while. she thought y/n needed a break from him, just for her to be happy for a few hours is all she wanted.

"that's great." touya smiled at the girl who nodded.

"isn't it? i've been pretty happier ever since i met you."

———

"what're you thinking about? whats on your mind?" y/n asks touya, gently pressing her erasers head to his forehead.

he sighed, shrugging before looking at the girl. he had been spacing out terribly all day, in thought about wanting to go home or not.

"can i stay at your place tonight? it's just for the-"

"oh, i get it." she hums, smiling sadly. "he's at it again?"

"i thought he was getting better but, obviously not." touya huffs, laying his head on his desk.

"now the bags under your eyes make sense." she said, gently touching them with her finger.

"sorry." she whispered.

———

she crawled into a ball on the bathroom floor of the school, trying her hardest to not cry. she looked into the mirror that was across the room from her before quickly adverting her eyes.

how'd she go from not needing her medicine to needing them more than ever in just 3 years?

"y/n!" she heard the one voice she needed more than ever. "c'mon, i know you're in there."

"yeah," her voice cracked. "i'm here."

touya sighed in relief, debating if he really was about to walk into the girls bathroom before putting no more thought into his answer.

with no shame or hesitation he walked in, walking straight over to the girl and holding her in his arms as she broke down.

"your old mans at it again?" he whispered, lightly brushing over the bruised cut on her arm.

"fuck, i'm sorry."

———

"why do you stay with him when all he does is cheat and make you look like a fool?!" she yelled at her mom who was crying. tears ran down her face before she stormed off, locking herself in her room and going to her bathroom.

she needed them more than ever.

when she closed her cabinet she saw touya, standing behind her slightly shaking with wide eyes.

"you told me you didn't need them anymore.." he stated. she ignored him, adverting her eyes away from the mirror. "y/n?"

"they're my happy pills." she stated, putting two of her prescriptive medicines in her hand.

"pills that make you happy or pills that make you forget?" he asked, hesitantly.

she ignore him once more, clutching onto the pills tighter. he bit his lip to keep tears from spilling as he watched his best friend look broken down and tired.

"pills that make you happy? or pills that make you forget?" he asked again, slower.

"both." she said quietly, taking them dry with no hesitation.

———

"you look rough." she whispered to her friend who shrugged. he has bags under his eyes, a big bruise on his cheek, and scratches in certain places.

"i have you so it makes up for it." he chuckled, bringing the girl closer as the sat on a bench outside their school.

"i hate the way he treats you." she whispered. "all of you."

"i hate the way he treats you, but what can i do about it?" he whispered back, sighing.

"i'd suggest us running away but, our younger siblings." she said, looking up at the boy as she chewed her bottom lip.

he didn't respond, just kissing her forehead as a sign of reassurance.

———

"hey mom," y/n sighed. "i just wanted to let you know how i've been... me and [brothers name] have been pretty well." she choked.

she looked down at the grave, reading the name over and over again.

"i know we fought a lot when you were here, but now that your gone i realize how wrong i was. how much i should've said sorry." her brother rubbed her arm, watching as she broke down over their dead mom.

"you're wasting your tears on her?" her father stated, walking behind her as she quickly grabbed her brothers hand; squeezing it.

"what're you doing here?" she asked coldly. "don't you have alcohol to be drowning down and sluts to hook up with?"

"dont you have pills to be taking and a boyfriend to be caring about?" he spat back, flicking the ashes of his cigarette before she huffed; walking away with her brother.

her father sighed, letting small tears run down his face before dropping the half-smoked cig on the grave and stepping on it.

y/n, however, got back in the car with her brother; looking over at touya who was in the drivers seat.

he dyed his hair black, a change he sincerely needed to 'kill' the old him. they were both in their 20s now, their youngest siblings being 16.

touya hadn't seen nor talked too his father in about 3 years, given the incident that happened with his youngest brother he hadn't seen his mother either; who was currently in a mental hospital.

y/n had moved out, thankfully, and gotten clean off her medicines. she had full custody of her little brother, seeing as how her father didn't care for them anyway, meaning he lived with her and touya.

"y'know doll," touya started, his eyes focused on the road in front of him before he briefly looked at the girl who was staring out the window.

he grabbed her chin, making her look in his direction before gently wiping her tears away.

"i'm happy i met you too."

note
ngl i wanna make this into a whole book 😜👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩😀😼