home - kyo s.

——————————————————————

in which, he's a monster & shes a train wreck

fluff / angst / songfic(?)

warnings : akito, emotional abuse
Home - Cavetown
——————————————————————

"LOOK AT THAT, THE MONSTER ACTUALLY SHOWED UP." akito sneered, looking at the bench in the main estate. kyo and his friend sat on it, waiting for shigure to finish whatever he was doing so they could leave.

y/n kicked her feet like a little child, puffing her cheeks before sighing dramatically. she heard footsteps coming closer, assuming it was shigure since she was so ready to leave.

"why are you doing that airhead?" kyo asked, gently knocking on y/n's head before she turned around.

"ugh, finally! there you a-" she cut herself off quickly, noticing the women who definitely wasn't her new guardian.

"sometimes i wonder if you ever get enough." akito stated, wrapping her arms around kyo as her head rested against his.

his eyes went wide as he started to shake, not wanting to have run into any trouble when he came here.

her warm breath fanned over the orange haired males ear, making him shiver everytime she inhaled and exhaled.

"ah, akito!" shigure's calming voice could be heard. making the lady get off the younger boy whos heart was in his ass.

"let's go." the girl whispered, grabbing his hand and running off to the exit.

-

"are you tired of me yet?" kyo asked, looking at the stars as he and y/n laid on the roof.

"why would i be you damn cat?" she asked, scoffing before looking at the boy who shrugged.

he got up from the roof, looking back at her with a confused look on why she was still laying down.

"are you coming idiot?"

"nah, i'll be in in a little." she stated, staring at the full moon. "kyo, why do you refuse to fall in love?"

he sighed, sitting back down beside her but not answering her question as he looked up at the sky as well.

"figures. you never answer me." she sighed, chuckling sadly before getting up and leaving kyo alone on the roof.

-

"it's 3 in the morning, the hell are you doing?" kyo asked, walking into the kitchen to see the [hair color] haired girl making a snack.

"are you dead?" she asked, randomly. he rubbed his eyes tiredly, looking over the girl before making a confused noise. he put his hand to her forehead, feeling for a fever before she slapped it away.

"what the fuck n/n?" he asked, squinting his eyes in disbelief.

"because i think i'm dead sometimes. maybe we're all dead. just spirits living in some virtual reality that will never end." she went on before picking up her snack with her chopsticks and eating it.

"i think you just need sle-" he was cut off when she stuffed his mouth full of food. he made another confused cat noise, chewing slowly as he looked at her with a suspicious glint.

she laughed at his face, before heading to bed; leaving the rest of her food with him. though, she didn't sleep for the rest of the night. staring endlessly at the ceiling above her.

-

she walked along the sohma estate alone. she came with shigure while kyo, yuki, and torhu went out. she was invited, of course her friends wouldn't leave her out, she just didn't want to go.

while shigure was tending- annoying- hatori, she thought she'd just go see the river and wait. she wasn't allowed to go too far away though, in case something was to happen.

"you're the one that's so close to the monster." she heard the sickening voice once more; this time, unfazed.

"he's not a monster." she stated, looking over the edge of the pier and at the glistening water. she felt arms wrap around her shoulders before the voice whispered in her ear.

"oh but he is."

"he just doesn't know how to communicate. can't you just see that you're abusive. you put everyone's mind in a different place, a dark one. why won't you just give your own family some damn space? why are you so dead-set on emotionally causing trauma!?" she snapped, turning to look at akito's mischievous smile.

"get a load of this train wreck." she laughed, unwrapping her arms from the smaller girl before turning around to walk off.

-

"you did WHAT?!" kyo asked, looking at the girl who calmly drank her tea. kyo and y/n sat in the living room, drinking tea together before she brought up her encounter with akito.

"she called me a train wreck.. only right thing i've ever heard her say." y/n shrugged, refilling her cup.

"why would you do something like that? are you insane?" kyo asked, raising his voice with every other word he said.

"something like that." she stated, shaking as she attempted to just drink her tea.

"why would you go and do a thing like that? you could've gotten hurt messing with akito." kyo scolded, gently knocking on her head as his jaw clenched.

"because you're my home, kyo." she smiled softly, as the cat boy blushed brightly and looked away.

they continued drinking their tea in a deafening silence. nothing bad, because nonetheless, she was his home too.

note
this songs been in my head for weeks now