Chapter 28 "John's girl"

Paul's P.O.V.

I felt like it was all a trap. How am I supposed to believe Vitoria's parents actually gave me permission to be with their daughter? Somehow I was a little bit more relieved when she kissed me in front of everyone.

"Damian!" She gritted her teeth. "Don't make this weird. I'm going to be a mum, and there is nothing bad about it" She said.

"I'm sorry" He shook his head as he smiled. "I am very happy..." He looked at her in the eyes. "Congratulations, little sister" He said before he pulled her in for a warm hug.

"My baby is having a baby...?" Her dad got closer to touch her belly "Vicky... this bump feels bigger already" He gasped.

"Yes, I had been hiding it for a while" She looked down embarrassed.

"That is beautiful, baby. Come here" Her mum hugged her too.

I expected bad reactions, but her parents seemed to be very excited.

"Okay, this looks like a family thing now, and we have nothing to do here" Brian said. "Boys, we better get going, I guess Victoria and her family have a lot to talk about" He smiled. "Paul, you can stay with them"

"Really?"

"Of course, Paul" Victoria's mum said. "Aren't you part of this family already?" She smiled before she gave me a hug too.

"Yeah, he is..." George said a bit...upset?

"I agree, but we should leave before Vicky's parents regret it" John said. We all laughed.

                                                   **************************************

After all the chaos. After all the fighting, kidnap, prison, why did everything turn out to be okay in the end? I will never understand it, and I rather not keep wondering why. I'm afraid my happiness could be taken away from me.

Things were pretty much back to normal after that. The group's reputation was still a little questionable, but since we were coming up with a new album, the public seemed to be more distracted, so suddenly all the attention went straight to that.

Vicky moved in with me, so I couldn't be happier.

"Paulie, the baby is kicking!" 6-month pregnant Vicky was sitting on the floor. She was knitting little shoes for the baby; she looked adorable.

"Is it?" I knelt down beside her very excited. "Let me feel it" I put my hand on her belly. The baby started kicking at the sensation. "Aww..."

She started stroking my cheek as she smiled; she was amazed... as if she hadn't believe yet what she's living. "That is daddy's hand, yes" She spoke down at her now bigger baby bump.

"Have you thought of a name yet?" I asked.

"If it's a boy, it's going to be Paul for sure" She grinned.

I nodded. "And if it's a girl?"

"Up to you"

"Hmmm. I think Victoria is a beautiful name" I held her hand.

"Well, we'll see" She winked.

"Okay, now let's get ready, we have a meeting at John's house, and I want to take you with me"

She doesn't feel very comfortable being around in group meetings; she says it reminds her how we got in trouble during the days our relationship wasn't accepted, and how I chose her over the group. I've told her a thousand times there is no need to feel that way. Brian loves to have her around. She helps a lot as an assistant in our meetings in the studio too. After all she and Brian became very good friends..