Chapter 13 "A trap"

Paul's P.O.V.

"What the hell is going on here?!" Jasmine dropped her purse with anger.

"Jasmine! Dear, I know this isn't the perfect moment to explain. Actually, these are the worst circumstances to let you know, but-"

"Paul?! I know you've done this many times, but not in our house! Besides, I thought you were done doing it by the way. If any of our close friends sees you cheating, I'd be very embarrassed!"

"I'm done with the cheating, Jasmine; I swear"

"Well, clearly that is not true, duh!" She said pointing at Victoria who was sitting beside me very freaked out.

"Jasmine..." I sighed. "This is Victoria, my-my new...girlfriend" I closed my eyes at the last words I said while waiting for the worst to come.

"Your girlfriend?!" She took off her jacket. You know things are about to get worse when she does that. "Were you even going to tell me?!"

"I was actually, but let me finish"

"No, Paul. I don't like this. Why do you choose to embarrass me by having two girlfriends? What kind of life do you imagine having? Having both a wife and a girlfriend? Threesomes? What?!" She got closer to me very threatening.

"No...Jasmine" I stood up, and talked as I looked at her in the eyes. "I'm sorry, but you know we're not a normal couple. I've cheated a lot, and you never cared. You don't really want to be with me, and you're not in love with me either...you just want a fake happy marriage...with Paul McCartney, the Beatle"

"Paul...what are you talking about? I always had a crush on you..." She said quietly.

"When we were kids, yes, but not anymore, Jasmine" I said as I held her hands trying to make her understand.

"So...are you breaking up with me?" She looked even more upset than what I thought she'd be; I wasn't expecting it to affect her that much.

"I'm afraid I am...I'm sorry, dear" I looked down.

"Wow...I can't believe it" She said as she stared at Victoria.

"What?"

"This is not an affair. You're actually in love...for the first time in your life, you fell for someone so hard that you had to break an engagement"

Victoria looked down smiling; she felt privileged to be my first love.

"And a band" I clenched my teeth.

"What!? You quit The Beatles?!"

"Not really. See, Brian asked me to choose! Is a person more important than a career I can have on my own?"

"Paul, ugh. This is not the right time to talk about this; I totally agree with you on that, but it's because you're dumping me in front of your new lover, and that is embarrassing, humiliating, and awkward as fuck"

"I'm sorry...but you just walked in and I- alright, alright. I know I didn't plan things correctly, but I'd really appreciate if you'd understand...it's like a favor I'm asking you. We're still friends, aren't we?"

"But...that means I have to leave from this house..."

I haven't thought about that; it looks like I'm an idiot, yes. I'm kicking out my ex fiancée. I'm a terrible person.

"Paul, you can't do this" Victoria said quietly

"What?" Jasmine couldn't believe what she just heard; she must have thought Victoria was a heartless gold digger or something. "What do you mean, girl?"