Chapter 16 "Bathtub confessions"

Damian's P.O.V.

5 months...I haven't heard anything from her for 5 eternal months. I don't blame no one but me. I should have taken good care of her, and what did I do? I focused on my desired job only. How should I care about being successful and having a lot of money if everything is empty inside me since I lost my little sister. I've mailed fake letters pretending to be her to our parents. They would never forgive me for it, and neither could I forgive myself. "Take good care of her, Damian" My father had said to me. How is it possible I couldn't do that one thing? For fuck's sake! I'm dying every day slowly. I miss her. I think of her every second of the day. Where could she be? How is she doing? Is she okay? I don't know, and that, is what's killing me painfully slow.

Brian has been there for me all this time; he's been a good friend, and he's very ashamed of this situation because he blames himself too. The Beatles started to go down a little without Paul; the girls went crazy thinking it's the world's worst tragedy that he quitted the group. At first I thought that maybe the other three members knew where Paul was hiding with Victoria, but they seemed to be very worried that he didn't say anything to them before he left. It's weird that she disappeared while I was still arguing with Paul. It looked as if it was well planned, but how? That's why I believe someone else helped them while Paul was distracting me. Anyway, it doesn't matter because she's still lost.

Brian called me to go to his house; he said he could find a way to find Victoria.

"Listen, Damian, I know someone who can help us to find them, but that would be very complicated because they could be anywhere out there in another country and-"

"It's okay. Do it; it's better than nothing. I don't care what it has to be done" I sighed.

"I phoned Paul's father again; he says Paul hasn't been there yet. Actually, Paul hasn't called not even once"

"That's not good..." I said

"It means they're being way too smart. I can't think of how he had the time to plan his escape in less than 24 hours. Damian, I know this is probably very upsetting for you, and that maybe everyone could find out, but Paul basically kidnapped your sister; in legal terms, you coud-" Brian said.

"I don't like Paul, but I still don't want to ruin his reputation with that. She needs to come back...I know this won't last forever; I just want her by my side" I said as I looked down.

"I promise you that we will find her..." Brian said.

I knew he said it to make me feel less overwhelmed, but I knew better than anyone, that I wouldn't see her in a long, long, long time...

Paul's P.O.V.

Luck is by our side; I had enough gas to go back there to the city, and bring that huge list of things I needed to bring to our new house. Victoria stayed home as we had planned; I wasn't comfortable with leaving her alone even if it was just a couple of hours, but I thought it was the best option because I don't want to put her at risk.

I wore a big hat and weird nerdy glasses to avoid getting recognized, and it seemed to work well. After I got the necessary stuff I needed, I stopped by a music store to buy Victoria some records and a guitar so she could play, and sing along with me. Her music career was paused, and so I wanted to make her feel like it wasn't the case by brightening up her days with music.

"Paul...?" I heard a male voice calling me as I was leaving that music store. I ignored the voice; whoever that person was, it's obvious that he knew me too well to recognize me with my improvised costume.

I rushed to the car quickly; I knew that person was about to follow me. I drove back to the farm as fast as I could. I didn't look back; I didn't have time to worry about that. I arrived back home successfully after that anxious trip. I sighed in relief when I realized I was already in the fields. The noise of the city was no longer heard, and just there I knew I was safe again. One thing I know is I need to be more careful next time. Hopefully I won't be back in the city for a while.