Chapter 44 "Let the world know"

Victoria's POV.

Surprisingly, I wasn't very embarrassed by the fact Ringo caught us. We've been in worse scenarios. Believe me. We talked to Brian that night about me going with Paul to the premiere the next day. He agreed as long as I don't get near Paul at all, so he suggested Sophie should go too, and make me company. Paul got me a cute dress to wear. We were very excited to attend to the event because it was going to be huge deal. A comeback after the little chaos after those rumors. You know...

"Honey, are you done getting ready yet? Brian should be here any minute to pick us up" Paul said as he fixed his collar while he looked in the mirror.

"I am, Paulie. The nanny should be here soon too, right?" I asked as I finished doing my hair.

"The nanny? What nanny?" He asked confused as he turned to look at me.

"The nanny you said John got us" I replied.

"I don't recall saying that, dear"

"Then who's going to watch Michelle?" I gasped.

"John is" He said as if it was the most obvious thing.

"What?! Paulie, you said John got us a nanny!"

"No, dear. I said John would be our nanny" He laughed. "You know he's great with Michelle, why the fuss?"

Was he joking?!

"But, John HAS TO attend to the event, remember? He's a Beatle; he is on the movie!"

"Ohhh" He put his hand on his chin as he looked at nowhere thinking god knows what. "I suppose I've been too stressed out I forgot" He gritted his teeth "I'm sorry, dear"

"Oh my god! Paulie. No offense, but we are retarded. Why the hell would you think John could miss the premiere, and why on earth would I let John hire a nanny without meeting her first?! We're terrible parents" I complained. I wanted to cry.

"No, no, it's okay. Come here" He hugged me as he rubbed my back. "We're new to this, remember? We have a newborn crying in the middle of EVERY night. You barely have any sleep. I work a lot, and you take care of Michelle most of the day; we're lucky we remember to eat. Last night? Our first sexual encounter after days living together, and we did it only because Ringo and George were next to Michelle's bedroom. It's a busy phase. Give us a break; we'll be fine"

That's one of the reasons I fell in love with Paul. He always makes me see things in a way that should be easy to handle. He never fails to make me feel secure of myself. It's amazing how our team works.

"Okay, Paulie..." I looked up at him, and left a kiss on the tip of his nose. "I love you. Thank you for always being how you are"

"Love you too, darling" He smiled as he stroked my hair.

"After you said those things, I realized I want to be a better mum. If I don't have someone to babysit Michelle tonight, then I'm not going. I will stay home with her. I'm sorry, Paulie. You will have to go without me"

"Are you sure, Vicky? Can't we call your mum?"

"I could do that, but Michelle is still very little; I shouldn't let her without her mum for too long. If it's not an emergency, then I don't want to come to my mother for help. It's my responsibility" I said.

"You are right, dear" He grabbed my hand, and kissed it. "Have I told you I couldn't have picked a better mum for my baby?"

"Shut up, Paulie. You know that is not true. I forgot to get her a nanny!" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Okay" He chuckled. "It's okay. We get better and better with time" He shrugged.

"I think Brian's here" I said as I looked outside through the window. "I'm proud of you, Paulie..." I looked at him in the eyes. "And I love you" A little smile formed on my face.