Chapter 34 "You Really Got a Hold On Me"

Victoria's POV.

Oh Paulie... I can't help but want to hate you. Somehow I can't. Why did I have to fall for you? You're not worthy of my love for you. Why do I want to make you regret hurting me? I don't know, but I do want you to suffer for what you did to me. I want you to suffer like I do. I want to keep punishing you, so I would risk a big chunk of my life trying to make your life as miserable as possible. Even if that means staying in your life. I wouldn't mind seeing you every day as long as I make you feel upset.

After a few days of staying at Brian's place, I realized I couldn't keep hiding. I couldn't just go back to my parents crying about something they clearly warned me about. I may be a teen still, but since I rushed into the adult life by having a baby. I must act mature now, and make a life on my own. I guess I would have to come in good terms with Paul as to when it comes to our baby, but that's it. I am not interested in having a friendship with my baby's father. I told Brian about my plans-not the ones about Paul- and he said I could count on with him. He offered to help me get signed in the music business, but I told him I wasn't ready to be in the spotlight yet. I thought of getting a regular job since I will turn 16 very soon, but for now Brian had a temporary placement for me; an assistant of the studios where The Beatles are going to shoot for their movie. Brian said it was going to be very easy, and I wouldn't have to worry about it being too heavy for me since I'm pregnant; all I had to do is complete a to-do list, and give instructions to other assistants or the group.

Paul surely didn't expect me there in the set, and it makes perfect sense. I had told Brian not to tell anyone that I was going to be there for the next couple of weeks. I arrived there perfectly confident and proud of myself, but as soon as I looked into his eyes, I almost ruin my plans.

"Okay, let's take a break! I believe we're almost done for today, but I think maybe we'll need to repeat the intro. I missed some close-ups. My bad. Anyway. Let's take a break" Said the director before he walked out of the set.

"Oof. Even pretending to play drums is exhausting" Ringo joked as he took a seat beside me.

"I got you some water, Vicky" George said as he handed me a bottle of water.

"Thank you, George" I smiled.

"So how's work so far?" He asked making conversation. So sweet of him avoiding any awkward situation since he obviously knows what happened with Paul.

"I love it. I might get into directing someday" I laughed.

"You should! Also you should pursuit your music career as well since you're a bit familiar with this" He said.

"Indeed. I would like to collaborate with you someday!" Ringo exclaimed.

"Oh I surely would love to! But I will not rush into that just yet. There are priorities" I smiled caressing my belly.

"Of course" George said.

"Vicky, could I talk to you for a sec?" John asked once he had approached us.

"Sure, John"

He gestured me to follow him to his dressing room.

"Why the privacy? Is something wrong?" I asked as I shut the door behind me.

"Vicky, what is going on? We thought we'd never see you again. Paul has been devastated. We had been looking for you for weeks"

"I needed some space to meditate what I was going to do with my life. You do understand that what your dear friend did to me was savage!?"

"Vicky, he didn't do anything. I'd be the first one to let you know if he did. He may be my best friend, but I wouldn't want an innocent girl to suffer for him. I believe Paul. I can assure you he's being honest." He said.