Chapter 40 "Babysitters"

Victoria's POV.

Everything should be fine now that Paul and I have our baby, and had a long talk about the misunderstanding that caused our break-up, but it's not. It is not fine completely. I care about George a lot, and I don't want to hurt him. He is the best boyfriend a girl could ask for, but... I just don't love him that way like I love Paul. I'd give anything just to be with Paul again, but the truth is I will do the right thing this time. I cannot play with George's feelings. It's done: I've chosen to stay with George.

"Hello there, gorgeous" George smiled as he walked into the room holding a big bouquet of white roses.

"George!" I was so happy to see him. I felt he must have been very worried about me.

"How are you feeling? These are for you" He smiled again as he put the flowers in the night stand.

"Thank you, Georgie. I feel great actually. Come give me a hug" I reached out my arms. He nodded, and got closer to me.

"I'm glad that you're here" I said as I hugged him tight.

"It was a bit challenging" He sighed as we pulled away. "Paul helped me get in, and he also helped me choose the flowers" He chuckled.

If I could combine them two into one person, that would be great.

"Aw Georgie" I stroked his cheek.

"I just saw your baby girl. She's beyond beautiful" He said before he kissed the back of my hand "She looks like Paul"

George doesn't make it any easier though.

"Yeah, well I have a confession. He's her father" I joked.

He laughed. "No kidding!"

"I miss her so much already" I sighed smiling.

"I think they're bringing her soon. Have you thought of a name for her already?"

"Michelle"

"Very nice" He nodded.

"I...used Paul's last name... is that okay with you or...?"

I don't know. I thought maybe he'd feel left out since he took care of me the last couple of months, AND said he'll be the baby's father if needed in case Paul didn't care, but Paul does care. I suppose he knows by now.

"Yeah, yeah totally! Why would I be unwilling about that? Paul's daughter must keep his last name" He said as he kept stroking my hand.

I don't deserve this young man.

"Really? You don't mind? Because Paul and I are not-"

"I know. I talked to him in the hall. He says he's okay with you and me together, y'know? He's thrilled by the idea of being a daddy, and wants to focus on that"

Oh so Paul didn't tell him about what Sophie told us?

"Yes. I feel he's going to be a good father"

"I know he will" He said quietly as he beamed. "So umm, I know Paul's going to be around all the time, but I thought since Michelle is going to need a lot of newborn care, you...may want to move in with me...? If that's okay with you?" He asked shyly as he avoided eye contact.

"You're so sweet!" I laughed quietly "Sure, I'll move in with you" I told him as I ran my hands through his hair.

"Amazing" He nodded excitedly.

I guess there is no turning back...

Making George happy makes me happy, but I don't know why I'm not completely fulfilled. Yes, I know what it is. It's Paul...