Chapter 12 "I choose her"

What did he just say? He said he loves me. HE SAID HE LOVES ME! Paul McCartney loves me; that's the greatest thing that has ever happened. I was speechless. I was so happy I didn't know how to react. After a few seconds of me not saying anything, he looked up at me with those downturned eyes waiting for me to say something.

"You already know it's obvious but, I love you too" I smiled holding him closer to me.

"You do?" His beautiful face brightened up; he looked like an angel.

"I knew it before you left..."

"Oh Vicky" He smiled, and kissed me softly. "You made me lose the ground...this never happened to me before" He said as he laid his head on my chest.

"Is our love enough to face all the barriers...? Are we going to hide this from the public?"

"I don't care. I want everyone to know you're mine" He said looking into my eyes.

"Yours...? Oh Paulie"

"Oh, I forgot to make it official. Is it too dumb to ask you to be my girlfriend?" He asked as he blushed a little.

"Not at all" I laughed. "Of course I will"

"I'm so excited. I can't believe I actually made it"

"Yeah speaking of that, how did you manage to come here without your manager's permission? Does he even know?"

"No, I sneaked out"

"Oh Paulie, you'll be in trouble, and it'd be all my fault..."

"We're both in trouble remember? It'll be okay, darling. Or it may not" He giggled. "But I want to be with you, so fuck it"

"I hate to admit it, but I agree with you, Paulie. If we don't hurt anyone, then it's fine with me"

"Exactly, darling" He said holding my hand. "Wait" His eyes suddenly widened "I forgot you're underage. Could I go to jail!?"

"Only if someone proves my real age" I smiled naughtily "Is someone going to reveal my birth certificate to the public or what?" I put my finger on his bottom lip.

"I guess not" He smiled.

"Then you're safe"

"But if your brother-"

"He won't. I know he wouldn't sue. He is my brother. He knows how I love you, or at least we already told him"

"I hope so" He sighed.

"What do we do now?"

"We'll spend the night here, and then we'll take off tomorrow morning"

"To the UK?"

"Aha. London"

"I miss my home. It'll be nice" I smiled

"Yup. But how about we get some sleep now?" He asked as he held me closer.

"But I'm not tired, Paulie"

"Neither am I, but I want to be very fresh tomorrow morning; got to be prepared for Brian's yelling. Both of us" He giggled.

"Okay then" I laughed. "Goodnight, Paulie"

"Sweet dreams, precious" He gave me a small kiss before we both fell asleep.

Oh lord, how I missed sleeping in his arms.

*******************************

We took the earliest flight to London. We had to wake up at 5 am; Paul wanted to make sure we'd arrive to his house first because he'd have a meeting at the Abbey Road studios with the other three, and our nightmare: Brian Epstein. He unpacked the few things he brought with him to New York while I made us some breakfast. I have been living with him for two hours only, and I already love it. I tried convincing him to let me stay at the house while he had his meeting, but he insisted in taking me with him.