Chapter 35 "Ex-Girlfriend"

Victoria's POV

Why on earth did I have to lay eyes on Paul? Why him and not George? George has always been my favorite Beatle after all. He's sweet, fun, and caring. Well, Paul was those things too when we met... but one thing I know for sure is George wouldn't do what Paul did.

George asks me out, and the first thing I do is think of Paul. What is wrong with me?

"Well...George, I..."

In other situations, or let's say months ago before I met Paul, I would have said yes immediately to George's proposal, but now it's different. I'm still broken hearted, and it's still too soon to jump into another relationship again, but in the other hand... that would somehow make Paul very uncomfortable. I wouldn't want to use George as a revenge, but I know I'd be safe with him. I rather give him a chance to get to know each other more, and we'll see. I always had a crush on him. He is very handsome. It won't be hard at all to give him a chance.

"I'd love to go out with you sometime" I smiled.

"Really?" He smiled excitedly. Who knew? I would have never imagined George had a thing for me.

"Yeah of course!"

"I'm glad you're open to it. I know maybe it's not right to do this because Paul is my mate, but you saw how distant he was today. I honestly don't think he will care"

We'll see.

"I'm free to go out with whoever I want" I shrugged.

"Yes, you are, and he is too. It's Paul"

Unfortunately.

"He is...?" I suppose it makes sense, but I hate the idea. So I try not to think of that.

"Yeah. He should be seeing someone new by now" He said not noticing I was upset when I asked.

I hope I won't see him with someone else; it will hurt me.

"Ohh"

"You deserve good things, Vicky" He grabbed my hand. "You and your baby" He smiled.

I don't know what is going to happen now, but we are safe. George makes me feel safe.

The next day George picked me up for work very early. A long day was awaiting. The Beatles had a busy schedule, so hopefully I wouldn't need to speak to Paul that much. I fucking hated the tension as George and I walked in.

"Morning everyone" George smiled as he headed to his dressing room.

"Hi, Vicky. They called us very early today, huh?" Ringo greeted as he approached me, and gave me a cup of coffe.

"Hi, Victoria"

Ugh.

THAT is what I meant.

"Hi, Paul" I did my best to not show any expression on my face just like he did. Actually I don't know how his was. It wasn't really a straight face. It was a bit more like a random stranger saying hi thing. But the fact that he actually approached me to say hi was creepy. Maybe that will later change after he finds out George and I will go out. I can't believe we're an ex-couple. He looked gorgeous by the way.

Fucking awkward silence before John broke it with a joke.

"Vicky, you look beautiful today. You've got everybody's eyes on 'ya" John winked.

Maybe not a very appropriate joke after all.

After that awkward meeting, the director started giving us instructions for the day. It was totally the opposite of how I thought it would be. I literally had to be near Paul all the time. Who knew I had to shave his fucking beautiful face as he re-read his script last minute?