Chapter 3

Yena's POV

***8 years ago***

"Jo Yuri."

All of them look at me because I suddenly called the girl I am facing right now.

"A-ah, is that your name?" I asked her naturally.

"Yes, sunbae. Why?" They are waiting for my answer. Shoot! I don't know what to say.

"I-I thought it was her name." I pointed to the small girl beside her. I know that her name is Nako since I looked at her name tag earlier. 

What can I do? I need an excuse.

"Me?" Nako points to herself. I nod.

"I'm Nako." She showed me her name tag in her uniform.

"Oh, sorry." I chuckle.

"Let's just eat." Hitomi said. 

Thank you Tomi for saving me hehehe.

While eating, I keep on talking to Minju so she won't be out of place. Even if I'm talking to Minju, I can't stop myself from looking at Yuri. 

I don't know but I feel uneasy, seeing Yuri and Hyewon having their own world. Talking to each other as if they are the only one here.

"Ah Minju, what's your plan today?" I asked out of nowhere while looking at Yuri.

"Sen'paiwa kōhaini kyōmiga aru." Nako murmured.

"Huh?" Minju looked at me wondering. I looked at Minju.

"I can tour you in school later." I said before continuing eating. Hitomi fakes a cough.

"Um, unnie," Hitomi said. 

I know she understands what Nako said since she is a Japanese too.

"Yes, Tomi?" I asked innocently.

"After school let's visit Eunbi unnie." - Hitomi

"Sure, but first, we need to find Chaeyeon."

"Looking for me?" Chaeyeon suddenly appeared with... Minjeong. 

I know she left me for this girl psh.

"Look at this girl who left me earlier." I said sarcastically.

"Hi Tomi-chan!" Chaeyeon greets Hitomi first before looking at me. She smirked when she saw Minju beside me.

"Nako is right." Chaeyeon nods. I looked at everyone in this table but unexpectedly their attention was all on me and Chaeyeon. Oh shit!

I looked at Chaeyeon nervously. 

Did she hear everything? Please, not today, Chaeyeon!

"You---ahhhhooouuch" I stepped on her foot hardly on purpose. 

Don't you dare finish your sentence Lee Chaeyeon. Even if I don't understand Japanese, I know that Nako is referring to me and Minju.

"Don't say bad words Lee Chaeyeon." I faked a smile at her and looked at her threateningly.

"Minju, let's go." I stand up and get my tray before walking away.

I don't want Minju and I become awkward. I just want to get to know Minju more and I want her to be comfortable with me. I can feel her unconfident, shy and introverted side and that's why I want to help her get out of her shell. There is something special about her, something hidden.

"Y-Yena uunie," I turned around when I heard her voice.

"Let me return your tray." Minju gets my tray from my hand and gives it to the dishwasher.