Chapter 23

Yena's POV

***8 years ago***

We are at the milktea shop near the school, waiting for Minju and Chaewon. You know, they are claiming my prize. I was supposed to go home but then Chaeyeon dragged us here. I planned to run away from them so I can go home but Yeoreum keeps on following me so I have no choice but to go with them.

Chaeyeon and Minjeong have their own world while Hyejoo and Yeoreum are talking about some random stuff and they just include me in their conversation. Not minding my friends, I keep on thinking about how I acted earlier.

What is really happening to me? Am I sick?

"Do you want a wintermelon milktea?"

"Yes."

Maybe it's just a mood swings?

"How about caramel milk tea?"

"Yes."

Yeah, Choi Yena, it's just a moodswing.

"Green tea?"

"Yes."

But why did my heart beats fast when—

"Choi Yena!"

I was startled by the sudden slam in our table.

"See? She is zoning out."

I looked at Hyejoo who was looking at Yeoreum, Chaeyeon and Minjeong. They looked at me then back at Hyejoo.

"Yah, what are you doing?" I asked Hyejoo, confused.

"Are you planning to buy all the milkteas here?" Hyejoo asked back and turned her gaze to me.

"Huh?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"You keep saying yes in every flavor I am saying." Hyejoo explained.

"So, what do you want to drink?" Chaeyeon asked, changing the topic or maybe saving me.

I turned to Chaeyeon who was just beside me.

"Anything?" I answered, not sure of what I wanted.

Hyejoo sighs then opens her palms to me as if she was asking something. I just looked at her hands trying to understand what she was asking.

"Oh my gosh, why is she so slow today." Yeoreum facepalmed.

Hyejoo withdrew her hands and just left without saying anything.

"Where is she going?" I asked, turning to Yeoreum, that was next to Chaeyeon.

"What is happening to you?" Yeoreum asked back, shaking her head.

I don't know either.

"Ey, Choi Yena, did Minju already occupy your mind?"

I looked at Chaeyeon again.

What is she saying?

"Don't worry, Chaewon and Minju are on their way. Nako and Hitomi are fetching them from school." Chaeyeon looked back at Minjeong again who was across from her.

For goodness sake, I am not interested in Minju. Yes, she is pretty but she is not my type.

Speaking of my type, I saw two familiar figures entering the shop.

She is with her... again.

I just watch them enter the shop and go straight to the counter. They were in Hyejoo's back, who were in the queue at the counter.