Chapter 17

Yena's POV

***8 years ago***

We are now sitting at one of the tables here in the canteen. I am looking at one of the other tables where I can see two familiar figures.

Here is this feeling again, I feel like I was stabbed by knives in my heart again.

"No wonder I didn't see her in our room earlier." I didn't know that I said it out loud.

"I thought you are interested in the girl beside you right now." I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Hyejoo's voice.

I looked at her.

"Ey, what are you saying? I am just spacing out." I excused.

Hyejoo raised her eyebrow to me.

Oops I got caught.

"Unnie, don't you want to eat your bread?" Hitomi asked and looked at my bread.

I looked at Hitomi then at the bread and strawberry milk that Hitomi bought for me. Yeah, she is the one who bought me some snacks.

"Of course, I want to." I smiled at her then got the bread and started to eat.

While eating my bread, I am looking at the two people at the other table.

Every smile she forms in her lips, every move that her mouth does, it makes my heart flutter and at the same time, ache. This is just the second day yet I feel so attached to her. What is really happening to me? I just read this kind of stuff in books and saw this in movies but why is it happening to me?

"Ey, Yena, tell us what's on your mind." I came back to reality when I heard Hyejoo's voice.

"Huh?" I looked at them and surprisingly they were looking at me too.

"Our duck here is spacing out." Yeoreum teased.

"Where did the talkative and noisy duck go?" Hyejoo looked at me mischievously.

"I--I'm sleepy." I fakely yawned.

"Aigoo, such a fan of sleep." - Chaewon

"Your hoobae is now more talkative than you." - Hyejoo

I looked at Minju and smiled at her.

I'm glad that it just took her one day to get out of her shell.

"Really, Minmin?" I asked while looking and smiling at her.

Minju looked at me surprised.

"Minmin?" Hyejoo and Yeoreum asked in unison.

"What? It's her nickname." I responded.

Minju became shy and lowered her head.

"Look at you, you make your hoobae shy." Yeoreum teased.

I move closer to Minju and whisper to her ear.

"Minmin, don't be shy, it suits you." I whispered.

Hitomi looked at me.

"Your nickname to her is cute while mine---ugh never mind."

"Ey Tomi-chan, are you jealous?" I gave her a teasing look.

Hitomi looked at me disgusted while the girl beside her looked... jealous?

It looks like a small girl is interested in another small girl.

"Tomi-chan,"

Hitomi hummed in response.

"Did a senior already tour you in school?" I asked.