Rumors Spreading (32)

Around 11am the next morning she was able to get back to Hogwarts. Severus had left early that morning so they wouldn't get caught.

The few students that were stuck in Hogsmeade got back safely and Lily hide all her gifts in her room, in the Gryffindor dormitory.

She decided she was going to go to lunch before going back to her dorm. Since most of her Gryffindor friends where at home she decided to sit with her Slytherin friends.

"Hey, can I sit with you guys?" she asked nicely.

"Sure!" Blaise replied. Him and Tom came back early from holiday too, but she chose to ignore Tom completely, not even looking at him.

"So how was time with your family?" she asked, trying to make conversation.

"It was fine, but have you heard the rumor that has been going around," he came closer to her, lowering his voice. She came closer to him, so he could whisper it in her ear.

"Tom was in Hogsmeade yesterday and he had to stay because of the snow and he heard someone having sex with Snape in the room next to him," he whispered in her ear.

Her face instantly turned red and her eyes widened. "Do you know who it was?" she asked quickly, needing to know an answer.

"No, all he heard was a women moaning Snape's name," he laughed, "who knew Snape was getting it on."

She laughed uncomfortably as Blaise laughed. "Well I'll see you later, I'm going to go get my gifts wrapped. See ya," she waved as she stood up.

"Bye," he said back as she walked away. She wasted no time and ran to Snape's room. She banged on the door, without an answer she opened the door and shut it. "Severus, I need to talk to you," she shouted out as she moved to his private quarters.

Severus was walking out as she walked in and bumped into her. She slipped and fell, he barely caught her. "Be carful darling," he chuckled as he helped her up.

"Thanks," she blushed slightly, she was still slightly panicked.

"Severus, last night Tom was in the room next to us," his face instantly turned to one of stone, "he doesn't know it's me but he knows you are in a relationship with someone."

He was mad but he was relieved no one knew it was her, that could ruin her life if anyone found out. "I-I'm sorry, I thought we were alone," she put her head down, she thought he would be mad at her.

He pulled her close to him and kiss her forehead. "It's ok darling, it's not your fault. Besides they don't know it was you, so we are safe," he reassured her.

As they hugged there was a knock at the door. They pulled apart quickly, Severus put her in his office and cracked the door before going to open the one to his classroom. "Severus, it's good to see you," Albus greeted him as he walked through the door.

"Albus," Severus said in a baritone voice as she shut the door. He made himself comfortable and sat down in the closest chair.

"I have been needing to speak to you about a rumor that has been going around. I don't mean to get in your personal life but I must," his voice was serious.

"I've heard the rumors," he sighed as he walked to were Dumbledore was sitting. He placed his hands on his temple.

"Well, what I need to ask is, are they true?" he didn't want to question his friends but he had to. Severus sighed and looked at him, his eyes staring into his.

"Yes, I was there. Was I sleep with a student, No. It was a person I have been seeing for quiet some time," he technically didn't lie to the old man.

Albus nodded and stood up. "Thank you for your time Severus," he opened the door and walked out, shutting the door behind him.