Grief

It has been about a week...since the battle of Atlas and Mantle ended.

The group...they had all won the fight, and were able to protect 3 of the Relics: Knowledge, Creation, and Choice. Only Jacque had died, due to Grimm invading the prison..but everyone else survived. But...victory can come at the greatest of costs. The father of Sans and Papyrus...William Daedalus Gaster...he has been killed and was sent to a void yet again...and this time...there is not return from that one in the Evacuation Central Location. Papyrus is sad...but thanks to Winter and May Zedong...he was able to pull through in the end, despite having to witness the death of his father.

Unfortunately...the same cannot be said for Sans, who, for the first time ever, had to witness it. Gaster's been...in Sans' mind...the most important figure that Sans has ever had in his life, as he was a parent that had did all that he can to help his own son, in spite of what he is. But while he heard that his father had died once, which was true, and it had genuinely made him sad...Sans moved on. But seeing him die again... in front of Sans' face this time...it's a whole new level of grief for Sans to have to witness against. Sans...he has no idea how to deal with it. He never knew how to deal with the death of the people that you love immensely...and even worse, does not know how to forget it, once you have seen it. The sight of seeing his father die, as well as his inability to save his own father...it has lead him into a state of depression and PTSD, as well as some symptoms of Survivor's Guilt. Now...he doesn't talk to people as much as he once did, and...everywhere he turns...in the darkest of places...sometimes...he would see only his father's face...dead and dull, which always made him flinch...and would make him shed a single tear, and that makes him a little bit stressed. Even worse...is that he has never seen smiling. He even has some trouble landing on the ground, even though he is usually good at landing on the ground, even at very tall heights.

 He even has some trouble landing on the ground, even though he is usually good at landing on the ground, even at very tall heights

He still allows people to get close to him...but he now doesn't speak that much to them...except for 4: Cinder...Ruby...Yang...and most important of them all...Blake.

Blake knows what that is like...since the Fall of Beacon, minus the PTSD Symptoms, to be depressed, which is why she pushed her own friends away, so she can protect them. But even she knows when Sans is experiencing the stress disorder. Because of this, she never leaves his side, and always tries to be there for him. And when she sees Sans getting stressed, she would hug him or at least, let Sans lean in next to her, so he does not feel lonely. Sometimes, she would get Sans to touch her ears in order to try and make him feel better. While it has some limited success, Sans would still slowly change back into his usual depressive state. But that does not mean Blake is giving up on him.

Ruby and Yang are also trying whatever they can in order to try and help Sans feel much better, but they have no idea how to cheer him up. But as they have no idea what to really do in order to help him feel better, they had to come up with something to try and help him. Sans' doesn't mind, and in fact, he is actually...slightly glad that...they are at least trying to help him feel better. But...he doesn't want them to go through all of the trouble to make him feel better, and tries to...rarely...stay away from them. But Ruby and Yang aren't letting him do that, and still try the best that they can to comfort. They even once slept in bed with Sans so that he does not feel lonely, and Cinder there had helped.