The Heroic...and the Monstrous...

The Wyvern flies past the hijacked Atlesian Airship, as Ruby Rose looks on, with the surrounding Griffons roaming the skies. A Griffon lands on the airship, but Ruby easily cuts it down with Crescent Rose, causing to disintegrate into black particles. But suddenly, she hears a snap, turning to see Roman, who now has his cane up, pointing towards Ruby.

Roman: "Oh, you can not be serious!"

Roman than fires his bullet at Ruby, who dodged it, and used her own bullet and fire back.

Right outside of Beacon's dining hall, Blake Belladonna backs away from the shattered window, staring in horror at her old partner.

Adam: "Running away again? Is that what you've become, my love? A coward?"

Blake: "Why are you doing this?"

Adam: "You and I were going to change the world, remember? We were destined to light the fires of revolution!"

He draws his sword and prepares to stab an Atlas student in the chest.

"Consider this... a spark."

Blake charges into the dining hall, drawing her sword in a flash. Her blade clashes with his as she pushes him away from the student, and they stand with their blades locked.

Blake: "I'm... not... running."

Adam: "You... will."

He kicks her away, knocking her onto the floor. A nearby Creep runs toward her, only to be shot by Adam.

Adam: "But not before you suffer for your betrayal, my love."

He smiles and begins walking toward her. Ilia and Trifa are hidden and prepare to strike.

Back outside the Beacon grounds, Velvet Scarlatina groans as she struggles to get up, only to get knocked back down when Coco Adel bumps into her after getting knocked away from a Paladin off-screen

Back outside the Beacon grounds, Velvet Scarlatina groans as she struggles to get up, only to get knocked back down when Coco Adel bumps into her after getting knocked away from a Paladin off-screen. Neon Katt and Reese Chloris dodge and weave between groups of students fighting against the infected Atlesian Knights and Paladins, with Neon freezing one's legs. Yatsuhashi Daichi is seen fighting a Griffon while Flynt Coal uses his trumpet to hold back a Paladin. Weiss Schnee then arrives on the battlefield, but get knocked back another Paladin. Penny and Mecha are blasting them with everything that they all have. Papyrus is using his sword arm and is cutting the Paladins to pieces.

Neptune: "Weiss!"

Yatsuhashi tries to hold back a Paladin's fist with his sword, but he gets knocked back. The Paladin then turns to and starts approaching a distracted Lie Ren.

Nora: "Look out!"

she pushes Ren out of the way of the Paladin's incoming strike, taking the hit instead.

Ren: "Nora! No!"

He reaches out to her, but gets knocked back by the Paladin too.

Coco and Neptune Vasilias fire their weapons at the Paladin, but it is unfazed. Nebula than used her semblance, Starburst, and teleported behind it and shot at the Paladin. However, it only scratched and got a bit berserk. Gwen than used Spinning Dancer, which made her out of sight as long as she dances, and attack the Paladin's vision. Basically, she does a type of invisibility illusion. Octavia than used her Semblance, Flaring Comet, in which her speed is increased to Ruby's level, plus some fire to do additional damage to it. She burned the leg and caused it to stop moving. She even used her semblance to cause a powerful explosion that burned the Paladin and rendered it unable to move its legs. However, it can still turn and shoot people.