chapter 10

The next morning around 11.00 am the door bell of Mehta House rings.

Neela opens the door and gets happy seeing Neil at the door..

Neela - neil

Neil - good morning my beautiful maa.. ( Saying this he gives a bouquet of roses to Neela.)

Neela maa smiles And she also wishes him good morning and takes the bouquet and says..

Neela - good morning bachcha, Well are these flowers for me or for Avni?

Neil - Only and only for you.

Neela maa smiles And then she asks Neil to come in...

Neela - andar aao

Neil nods And then he comes in with Neela... He sits on the couch in the hall and looks around here & there...

Neela Maa looks at him and says..

Neela - Avni is still sleeping.

Neil - Maa, is she okay ? (He speaks while looking at the time in his watch..)

Neela - yes, She is fine, although my daughter is a morning person, but on Sundays she becomes Kumbhakaran..

Neil smiles but not said anything

Neil - Well maa, papa are nowhere to be seen?

Neela - Ashish has gone to meet a friend..

Neil - oh

Neela - waise tum batao kya loge ? chai or coffee ?

Neil - Nothing Maa, actually I have come from home after breakfast..

Neela - ok but still, wait I will bring you coffee..

Neil - maa rukiye, actually I came here to get a permission from you..

Neela - permission for what?

Neil - maa, I know today is Sunday and yesterday I came to know that today Avni's all time is yours.... But can I take your daughter away from you for a day?

Neela maa smiles and says..

Neela - Well now I understand why I have been given these flowers as a bribe so that you can steal my daughter from me today, nahi ?

Neil slightly blush and says..

Neil - There is nothing like this maa.. I'm just..

Neela - relax i was kidding

Neil smiles

Neil - actually maa I just want to make her feel comfortable with me.. that's why I want to spend some time with her..

Neela - But I think she has become quite comfortable with you..

Neil - I don't think maa.. she still talks very less in front of me...

Neela - wah, you told me a new thing about my daughter.. My daughter talks less ? Wow it's a miracle...
Neil if I speak seriously.. when you start living with her your thinking about her will change.. Then you will know how less she speaks or she does not give anyone a chance to speak in front of her...

Neil - maa, If there is such a thing, then maybe that's why I want to spend time with her so that she can talk openly in front of me soon...
But maa I think maybe I should come some other day? Today Avni is still sleeping so I don't want to disturb her..

Neela - are nahi, Wait I wake her up.. ( Neela says this but soon both of them hear Avni's voice )

Avni - maa, where are you (she says this while rubbing her eyes and is coming down the stairs )