chapter 44

Previous chapter continues....

In Khanna Industry

Neil misses Avni in the office all day...
He keeps looking at the empty chair next to him again and again and starts missing Avni more and more.

He thinks about something and then watches the time and sees that it is lunch time.
He thinks something and then calls Avni

In 2 3 ring she picks up his call and Neil hears her voice..

Avni - hello

Neil - what are you doing wifey

Avni - I am helping Maa to make lunch in the kitchen ( She speaks but at this time Shweta is not in the kitchen, she has gone out of the kitchen for some work)

Neil - accha

Avni - yes and what are you doing now ?

Neil - I am missing my wife a lot right now

Avni smiles hearing this and speaks

Avni - It's only been a few hours since you left home, Neil

Neil - Yes, so what? I'm used to being close to you all the time
I don't feel good if you are not with me even for a moment.

Avni hears this but is unable to say anything further... She does not understand how she should answer Neil on this things...

Neil feels her silence and speaks

Neil - Well leave it all... and get out of the kitchen and go get ready
I am coming home then we go out together for lunch... What do you say ?

Avni hears this and speaks

Avni - Neil when you are coming home then we have lunch with the family na...
Why would we go out?

Neil hears this and his mood gets off somewhere...and then he speaks

Neil - yaa You are right... it's my fault I asked you this.. even though I already knew the answer was going to be 'no'

Avni hears this and says

Avni - Neil I am not refusing.. but

She not complete her line when Neil interrupt her...

Neil - both are the same thing Avni, don't explain now

Avni feels sadness in his voice and before she can say anything, Neil speaks..

Neil - You do lunch with family, I will find someone else for my lunch... (Saying this Neil cuts the phone)

Here Avni gets shocked to hear this and wonders what Neil meant by finding someone else for lunch.

Avni immediately calls back Neil but Neil does not pick up her call...She gets a little scared thinking something and then regrets why she refused Neil for lunch..

Time skip

Prakash returns from office early in the evening but Neil has not come yet.

Shweta then tells Bebe and Prakash that today one of their relatives has called them for dinner, so they will have to go.

Later everyone is ready to leave when Shweta sees that Avni is not ready...

Shweta - kya hua bachcha... tum ab tak ready kyon nahi hui ? ( she said touching her chin )

Avni sees her and speaks

Avni - Maa, I'm not feeling well, aap sab log jaiye... mera man nahi kar raha ( she said thinking something)