59th Page: As Time Shifts

(Timeless Manor OP - Sync by lol)
Timeless Manor

"The Asteris Empire...?" (Y/N) repeated, confusion clearly reflected in his eyes. Similarly, even Fay seemed to be in confusion at his words.

What in the world was the Asteris Empire?

Jayden merely held his silence as his gaze remained trained onto Kazeda, who held a wicked smirk as his blade was pointed at Jayden's throat.

"It's hard to mistake that style of spearmanship after experiencing it." Kazeda's blade glinted with the slightest shift of his grip, a nervous drop of sweat forming on Jayden's face. If he really was from there, then...

"Well?" Kazeda lowered his blade just slightly, allowing Jayden just a bit of room to breathe. Jayden glanced at his spear for a moment, trying to come up with a plan of attack.

The Asteris Empire...

That was a far distant memory.

"...Hmph. I don't know why you're keeping silent, but I don't really care much either. As long as you're from there, I'll consider that as reason enough to eliminate you." Kazeda suddenly moved, raising his sword and bringing it down upon Jayden, an immense pressure descending onto the Magic Knight.

Jayden brought up his spear in resistance, however, the blade was simply too fast.

His fate was all but sealed.

...

Clang!

Steel met steel as a crimson sword appeared before Jayden, Kazeda casually redirecting his own slash to counter it, sending the sword flying back.

"Petty parlor tricks." Kazeda clicked his tongue, once more slashing at Jayden, not even a second having passed. However, before he could, four mirages formed around him, slashing out in a storm of rose petals. With a casual shift to his stance, he slashed all of the petals to hell.

However, that one distraction proved to be enough, Kazeda suddenly raising his sword and blocking Phantasm, (Y/N) slashing down at him with his full strength, making the ground beneath Kazeda shatter, though Kazeda merely redirected his blade, (Y/N) sliding to a stop beside him, grasping Phantasm and delivering a rising slash as he fell forward, to which Kazeda merely blocked, redirecting the blade to the side before slashing through (Y/N), severing him in half.

However, that "(Y/N)" suddenly dissipated into a lilac haze.

"A mirage?" Kazeda remained unflustered, raising his gaze to see a dozen flaming blades rocketing towards him, Kazeda casually weaving around them and slashing through those that he couldn't dodge, redirecting the final one towards Jayden.

However, before it could land, (Y/N) utilized Phantasm and slashed through it, dashing forward and meeting Kazeda face-on, void lightning sparking around him.

With a flash of her mirages, Fay arrived beside Jayden, raising her palm towards Kazeda, manifesting fourteen mirage blades to attack him in tandem with (Y/N). Afterward, she stared at Jayden for a moment, before sighing.

"Any plans?" The Vice Leader of the Darknight Mercenaries asked, pushing her curiosity about the Asteris Empire to the side.

"...Not really. I don't see any way to win this." Jayden shook his head, giving the grave news.

"Good. Then it looks like we're on the same page." Fay spoke, though a sudden gust of wind drew both of their attentions, turning and catching sight of an approaching object.

Within moments, both of them raised their hands as they caught (Y/N), who crashed into them and sent them all skidding back, Kazeda sheathing his sword almost fully, the fourteen mirage blades fading around him, all severed in half.