26th Page: Falling Night

Capital Town, Kikka

The Capital Royal Town of Kikka was a lovely place. Bright surroundings, blossoming civilization, flaming buildings, volatile spells...Yeah, lovely.

"Die with the regret of knowing you were unable to save those who inhabit this town, fake Magic Knights! [Lightning Magic: Spiraling Voltage Ray!]" Yeon taunted as he casted his own spell towards the currently downed Magic Knights. Following which, a spiraling beam of concentrated lightning, much like Leopold's own [Spiral Flame], rocketed towards the unmoving Alice and Ame.

"Don't even think about it!" Asta yelled as he and Leopold both jumped into action, only for pain to shoot throughout their bodies.

"W-What..?" The two thought in shock, falling down to the floor as they glanced at one of the robed mages, spinning air needles around him, clearly the cause of their current condition.

"Don't count me out!" Sylvie yelled as she dropped to the floor, placing both her hands on the ground as a frosty atmosphere covered the group, a sphere of ice forming around the mages, kicking up an explosion of dust when it made contact with the spiraling lightning bolt.

"...Huh? My shield didn't take any damage...? Wait, no, somethings wrong...my shield didn't receive any attack..." Sylvie thought, her eyes shifting in front of the ice sphere, the dust all about veiling the view.

"Yeon...what happened?" One of the mages, a blond man with his hair in a ponytail of sorts, asked.

"Tch...my attack never made contact with them...something's hiding in that dust." Yeon commented with disdain, his eyes narrowing to the dust that showed in front of the Magic Knights.

"Huh..? We're fine..?" Alice thought in confusion, painfully raising herself as Sylvie rushed to her side, aiding the girl as she sat, Sylvie kneeling down at her side.

"What...happened?" Alice asked, seeing Leopold and Asta facedown, unconscious a distance away, Ame passed out beside her, and Noelle still applying pressure to Captain Fuegoleon's missing arm.

"I'm not sure...I created a shield to protect us from that attack, but..." Sylvie stopped, looking at the dusty area in front of the group, biting her lip. Seeing this, Alice nodded slightly, having gotten the situation.

"Someone...saved us...?" Alice asked slowly, prompting Sylvie to nod her head slightly.

Before they could continue talking however, a wave of blackish-blue energy tore out of the dust cloud and towards the cloaked mages, shocking them all into action.

"[Lightning Magic: Voltaic Discharge!]" Yeon casted his spell first, clashing with the wave of blackish-blue energy, causing a massive explosion and kicking up even more dust.

However, this time, an intense wave of wind tore through the area, sending all the dust flying and unveiling the culprit behind both the defense and attack...

"(Y/N)..!" Both Alice and Noelle cried out, a feeling of relief flooding through the two.

"..." In a contrast, (Y/N) didn't say anything, only looking at the distant mages, Phantasm pointed at them in his right hand.

"Tch...persistent pest." Yeon scoffed as he saw (Y/N) return for the third time, though a grin formed below his mask at this thought. He'd already beaten this boy twice, doing so a third time would be child's play..!