40th Page: The Temple's Strongest

Underwater Temple,
Within the Temple...

"[Shadowflame Magic: Phoenix Lotus, Dark Ember!]" Alice chanted, her Grimoire shining brightly before her as a storm of lotus flowers and blackened embers began to burn around the area. Alice's pink orbs stayed focused fully on her opponent, who stared around in surprise, the various petals around her not stopping their spin.

"Oh? Double-casting? Looks like I wasn't wrong, after all." The girl smiled at Alice, though her Grimoire rose up in front of her, Alice catching sight of the Three-Leafed Clover plastered on the Grimoire's cover. It floated, engulfed in a mystic azure light, as the strange girl smiled.

"[Blossom Creation Magic: Fields of Evora.]" The Temple Knight spoke, a current of azure magic rumbling from her Grimoire, rushing past the rocky landscape, Alice's eyes widening as the beam arrived before her in an instant, but merely continued past.

"And..." The Temple Knight continued on, waving her hand before her as the wave seemed to stop, Alice glancing around warily, Shadowflames burning around her to prepare for any surprise attacks.

"Bloom." The pink robed Temple Knight finished, and the Temple seemed to shake as various flowers began to bloom from the floor, and the ones below her wrapped around her feet, causing Alice's eyes to widen.

"Not good!" Controlling her Shadowflames, Alice quickly burnt off the restraining flowers and reinforced herself with mana, jumping back as she raised her hand, the various flaming lotuses and embers descending towards the various blooming flowers.

Whenever the flames would come into contact with one of the flowers, they would instantly set ablaze and burn, however, in the next moment, another flower would bloom from the strange fields, disrupting Alice's spell.

Suddenly, Alice jerked to the side in the air, a petal flying past her face, though her eyes widened as she saw multiple now aimed towards her new position, Alice's eyes narrowing for a second, before she let Shadowflames burst around from her, scorching the petals as they faded, though with a glance Alice saw various more petals manifest beside her opponent.

Landing on the floor, Alice managed to stop herself from falling backwards as she did a backflip, landing on one knee and staring at her opponent cautiously, Shadowflames constantly burning the fields around her.

"She has control of this entire ground, and even worse, I can't even fight her from the air since she always knows what my next move is! How can I even fight that?!" Alice panted, using one of her hands to set aside a stray strand of hair, her pink orbs glaring at her opponent. This was just unfair!

With a small chuckle, her opponent waved her hand as the ring of petals around her suddenly straightened out, and with another command rocketed towards Alice, weaving around the falling embers and lotuses.

"[Shadowflame Magic: Shadow Ray!]" Alice chanted, keeping her cool as her Grimoire shone brightly, a beam of blackish-lilac Shadowflames tearing through the air, managing to scorch most of the petals rocketing towards her, though a few managed to get past as Alice jumped back, though they continued to chase.

Dodging to the side, Alice managed to evade a petal rushing towards her, though her eyes narrowed as she saw several already enroute to intercept her dodge of the previous, Alice waving her hand as she sent a wave of Shadowflames to burn the petals, though once again, they managed to dodge the flames and swerve closer to her.

"Oh, come on! It's like they already know what I'll attack with!" Alice inwardly complained, though she didn't quite panic as her Grimoire shifted through various pages.