37th Page: Into the Temple!

Clover Kingdom,
Wizard King's Office

In a grand office, Julius Novachrono currently stared out of the massive pane of glass behind his desk. The moonlight illuminated the office beautifully, giving a full view of both the office and the outside town, basking the Kingdom in its ethereal light.

Slowly placing his hand on the pane of glass, Julius opened it, a bead of sweat forming on his face.

"I must head out discreetly...this is a top secret matter." Julius reminded himself, quickly glancing back and fully opening the window, the nightly winds rushing into the room peacefully, slightly ruffling Julius' robes.

Slowly raising his foot, Julius took a step outside.

"Where are you going?" Suddenly, an unamused voice rang out through the office, Julius freezing on the spot, sweat beginning to roll down his face.

"Ah...I was just letting in some fresh air. It got really stuffy in the office." Julius smiled while scratching his head, slightly turning around to face Marx.

"I see. Then, what is your foot doing outside?" Marx continued, looking at Julius, who looked down at his own foot, even more beads of sweat falling down his face.

"Haha, how did that get there? This foot is so rude." Julius smiled, slowly shuffling his foot back into the office as Marx walked up to him, a giant pile of papers on his hands.

"You were planning to forget your work and go out again, weren't you?" Marx glared lightly at Julius, scolding him as he set down the pile of papers on Julius' desk.

"Go out? Now, why would I ever do that? I was simply trying to get some fresh air...andseeifIcouldseeanymagicfromthere." Julius spoke quickly, though Marx only let out an exasperated sigh.

"You don't have time for that! Please do your work for once! Hurry up and shut that window!" Marx scolded, Julius lowering his head a bit. Marx was too used to his sneaking out...he'd need new strategies, Julius noted to himself.

"Hai..." Julius said dejectedly, walking back to his desk and once more taking a seat on his chair, picking up a quill and beginning to read through the paperwork.

"Honestly...we haven't even resolved the issue with the Eye of the Midnight Sun and Seven Specialists yet." Marx groaned, rubbing his temples in an attempt to soothe his growing frustration.

"Don't be so angry, Marx. You'll die young if you keep that up." Julius smiled innocently, a tick mark appearing on Marx's head.

"And whose fault is that?!" Marx retorted in frustration, though Julius only looked back down at the paperwork on his desk.

"The Eye of the Midnight Sun, eh? I sure do hope Yami and the others are doing well." Julius spoke with a bit of a longing tone. He turned and gazed at the bright moon hovering silently over the Kingdom.

"I just hope they aren't fooling around. I don't doubt your faith, nor their abilities...but the Black Bulls aren't exactly the most...how do I put this nicely..."serious" Magic Knight's Squad." Marx sighed, glancing outside the window and following Julius' gaze.

"It's precisely that which made me give them this mission. The Underwater Temple is a place that we don't know much of. People like them, who can mix among any crowd, are best suited for this kind of mission." Julius explained, Marx sighing, but ultimately agreeing with the current Wizard King. The Black Bulls were certainly a unique Magic Knights Squad.