5th Page: Mettle

Castle Town, Kikka

After much, much walking through the vast forests' within the Clover Kingdom, the time of arrival had finally been found. Our favorite Nephilim and his friends had just arrived at Kikka, the town which held the Magic Knights Entrance Exam yearly. The town radiated a merry atmosphere, especially from the people of whom were cheering for those who were going to take the Magic Knights Entrance Exam this year.

Every year, the hosting of this event was a massive success in attracting attention all throughout the Kingdom, countless nobles and commoners alike watching the event live. This year was no different, as the event was being broadcasted all throughout the Clover Kingdom.

"Woah, this place sure is grand..." (Y/N) commented in awe as he laid eyes on the streets around him, countless merchants setting up stalls as they sold a wide array of products from one to the next. The only one that caught (Y/N)'s eyes was an old lady who seemed to be selling some strange fried snakes, which the (h/c) haired boy found weird but didn't question.

"This is the Castle Town, it's only to be expected. You can even see the Kingdom itself from here!" Alice marveled as she took in the sights around her, a myriad of people chatting happily as they walked and shopped, various forms of entertainers in the area giving passerby's plenty of things to watch.

"It certainly is grand though, I've never seen anything like this place!" Even Asta marveled at the new surroundings, and this made Alice give a helpless sigh as she remembered that the three boys beside her had never really been outside of Hage.

"Don't forget why we're here, we do have a goal, you know." Yuno's stoic voice brought (YN) and Asta back from sightseeing as the (e/c) eyed boy nodded and Asta grinned.

"So where do they hold the Entrance Exam, anyway?" Asta asked as he chewed on the purple snake of which he'd bought from the strange old lady.

"I'm going to laugh if that snake is poisonous..." (Y/N) silently mused as he remembered the old lady from earlier and saw the "snack" that Asta was eating.

"I'm going to assume it's over there, anyone else?" (Y/N) pointed out as he, well, pointed towards a distant stadium, a giant crowd of people in front of its entrance. A single archway lay in front of the door to the Colosseum, and a red three leaf clover was imprinted in the middle of its design.

The area was loud with chatter, excited people talking about the newcomers to the annual Magic Knights Exam, and this was a scene that was held every year. It was always a nice change to see the new rookies show their stuff, and amongst them some showed much promise, well, sometimes. Alice, (Y/N), Yuno and Asta all walked through the archway separating the viewing crowd from the inside of the massive structure as they approached a longs set of lines. This was where they would sign up to take the Exam.

"Sometimes I can't even believe it's been so long, it felt just like yesterday when I got my Grimoire..." Alice reminisced as her companions all nodded, similar feelings sprouting with their hearts. Truthfully, if hadn't been all that long since the fateful ceremony on that day, it just felt like it had been a long time.

Soon, Asta walked through the archway's path as people shouted words of encouragement, Asta fully welcoming them alongside Alice while (Y/N) patted Yuno's back helplessly, The black haired boy wanting to just walk away from the two mages.

Soon, it was their turn to approach the registration officer, and Yuno walked up first.

"Next." The officer called as Yuno stepped up, his usual monotone face as his expression.