45th Page: The Blaze Queen

(This chapter is a big boi, y'all better have hella time to be able to read this one >_>)

Raquey Beach

Above the beaches of Raquey, Sekke sat on his spell, [Sekke's Shooting Star], his Grimoire shining with a bright cyan haze before him.

"Bah-Ha! I'm going to go get help. You two tend to as many people are you can." Sekke commanded, his two friends, Thing 1 and Thing 2, standing in front of him. Behind him, a myriad of Magic Knights laid injured, if not dead.

Suddenly, however, an immense pressure descended upon Raquey, stunning Sekke and the Things.

"Bah-ha? What's this horrifying mana I'm sensing from the bottom of the sea? Is it that beast from earlier?" Sekke felt a drop of sweat form on his face, turning to gaze at the seemingly peaceful ocean.

Suddenly, though, Sekke's face shaded over in horror. This mana...it was no beast!

"No, this is even worse. It's no beast! It's a monster way more powerful than a beast!" Sekke thought, his eyes stunned as he peered into the ocean, the immense pressure just continuing to rise from below...

Underwater Temple,
Within the Temple...

Vetto's mana continued to spread, the entire Underwater Temple shaking from the horrific release of the sinister magic.

Gauche narrowed his eyes, glancing away from his photo of Marie and into the ceiling. Charmy seemed to stop eating the crab in her hands, and even Grey turned her attention above, sensing the distinctly sinister mana growing ever stronger.

Within another cavern inside the main Temple, Vanessa jumped out of the way of several golden spikes, a faint hum emmited from each.

"What is this ominous mana? I've never felt anything like it before..." Vanessa thought, momentarily turning her attention away from her opponent, sensing Vetto's overwhelming magic even from her distance.

"Does Lord Vetto's power concern you? You must be buzzing with confidence if you dare to look away from me." Vanessa's opponent, a white robed Eye of the Midnight Sun mage, chuckled to himself as he saw the pink haired witch's expression.

"Vetto? That's one of the people the Captain mentioned...One of the ones belonging the Third Eye, the strongest among the Eye of the Midnight Sun...is he the one who infiltrated the Temple?" Vanessa repeated, before sinking into her thoughts. If it really was Vetto who infiltrated the Temple, then she would need to hurry on over there to help with the fight.

"Sucks for you, though. You won't even get to fight him, I'm more than enough to exterminate you here." Vanessa's opponent smirked cockily, before he raised his palm towards her.

"I'll suck all the magic out of you." The Eye of the Midnight Sun member cackled to himself, though Vanessa's lips curled up into a smile.

"That's not going to happen. I'm going to defeat you and then find my comrades." Vanessa proclaimed with a confident smile on her face, her Grimoire before her fluxing with magic as the pink haze around it seemed to grow thicker.

Across from Vanessa, the robed member of the Eye of the Midnight Sun only laughed, shooting dozens of vibrating spikes out of his hands, small sonic waves emitting from the spikes as Vanessa summoned up her strings, prepared to continue the fight once again.