33rd Page: Aftermath

Fallen Cavern...

Yami's eyes narrowed as he breathed out, a puff of smoke coming from him as he dropped the cigarette in his mouth, holding an unconscious (Y/N) in one hand, his katana on the other.

"Jeez, kid, you're a walking trouble magnet. What a pain." Yami clicked his tongue, though (Y/N) didn't react. It seemed no matter where (Y/N) went, he just attracted trouble.

"Captain...he's unconscious." Ruby giggled lightly, pointing at (Y/N), who was, indeed, knocked out.

"Ah, crap. Did I grab him too hard?" Yami pokerfaced, everyone else looking at him like he was stupid.

Ignoring their Captain, Alice and Noelle burst forth from the group, Yami laying (Y/N) down on the floor as the two immediately dropped beside him.

"(Y/N)..." Alice spoke softly, concern obvious in her eyes as she saw the various wounds and blood that covered the boy's' face and body.

"For him to be hurt this bad..." Noelle bit her lip, refusing to continue speaking. How intense had the fight been for his wounds to be so severe?

Yami and the other Captains turned their gazes towards the assailants, seeing several wounds on them as well.

"Damn...he really did a number on them." Yami whistled to himself, comparing the wounds between (Y/N) and all the opponents, who were all scratched up here and there.

"That kid is certainly a handful...still, to be able to do this by himself is ridiculous..." Rin grimaced, seeing the severely injured states of Licht and Arran, the latter of whom was now missing an arm.

"Damn it...because I ran, this..." Asta grit his teeth, grasping his swords tightly as he saw (Y/N)'s banged up form. Surely, if he'd stayed (Y/N) wouldn't have gotten so hurt...! Even if he could only lighten his burden by a small fraction, it would be enough!

"[Hellflame Recovery Magic: Burning Chrysalis.]" Ruby's voice was heard as her Grimoire appeared in front of her, her hands extended towards (Y/N) as a cocoon of crimson flames engulfed him, soft crimson light particles floating around him.

"I'm not really a healer, but that should at least stabilize him for now." Ruby smiled helplessly, before her eyes shifted to the assailants.

"Damn, man..." Arran grunted, seeing the various Magic Knights looking at him. What's more, they also had several Captains.

"If it wasn't for this wound, I might've been able to hold off two Magic Knight Captains...but man, that kid is a monster..." Arran grit his teeth, Leticia walking up beside him.

"Master, what do we do? Should we fight or flee?" Leticia asked, only having minor wounds on her body. She could very well go toe to toe with a Captain, at least for a while.

Looking back at the recovering mages behind him, Arran came to a decision.

"We cannot allow that boy to keep living! Try to find an opening and finish him off, he'll be a serious threat if we let him keep getting stronger!" Arran spoke loudly, getting the attention of only his team members, as he hadn't spoken loud enough for the Magic Knights to hear.

"Hey, whatcha talking bout over here!" Yami grunted, appearing in front of Arran with his katana covered in dark magic, swinging at Arran.