PROLOGUE

"So..." My brother started. "Why do you want to go back to the Philippines?"

I looked down as I gazed at the chessboard in front of us. My brother, James, is my enemy in this game. He possesses the black chess pieces, while I play the white chest pieces.

Classical music erupted in four corners of the room. My other brothers gazing at us in anticipation of who would win this game. They don't know. They know that Kuya James is very good in this game and calculative. But I am a master of this.

My brother, Jaydee, sitting on the couch. His headphones were placed on his neck. Beside him is Kuya Jedan, yawning as he sees this as boring. His twin brother, Kuya Jem, gazing at us, unlike his brother, his interest has been piqued as this is his favorite game. Lastly, my brother, Jackson, is leaning on the wall close to the window. His arms crossed.

"Nothing. I just wanna finish my school there." I shrugged my shoulders and began my move. I moved my king's pawn. A huff escapes my brother's lips as he copies my move.

"Really?" he asked, not quite convinced. "I think you're up to something." I rolled my eyes at him. I moved my queen and put it to the side the same row as his pawn.

"Is this something new? You have never trusted me, brother."

He thought about that, seeming on the verge of realization. Then, he nodded his head."That's because you find ways to get yourself into trouble."

"I was defending them, kuya. I was helping them. The bullies deserve to be punished for their corrupted minds." He didn't answer. He pursed his lips, still his gaze lingered on the chess pieces.

He moved his knight close to my pawn a fair distance for it to trap one of my chess pieces that was secured in their place. "And not only that, you decided to do it using pranks. By the twin's assistance." He turned his attention to the twins and glared at them. They all suddenly look away as if they didn't just hear it. I gaze at my brother Jaydee, who puts his fist close to his mouth and chuckles.

I turned my gaze to my brother. "It's for fun."

Fun is never in my brother's vocabulary if it involves me being near danger.

His eyes squinted trying to read me. I just smiled at him, quite innocently. "I don't trust you, Jewel. To be alone in that country."

You never did.

"Amber is there. So are tita and Tito. What could go wrong?"I asked him as I moved my bishop close enough for his knight to be eliminated.

"More ways for it to go wrong."He moved his castle, close to mine.

"And that is why we're playing chess." It made me smirk. "If I win, I go to the Philippines. And if you win, I'll stay here. I also lay out my terms that I don't like bodyguards around me all the time." He scoffed.

"It's for your safety." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh shut up, brother," I said. "I can handle myself."

"No, you don't." He said. Still staring at me. Cold gaze more than ever. Trying to read me. Trying to find a hole in my presence to know the reason why I want to go to the Philippines. I didn't even back away. "No more lies." He said. "Tell me the reason why you're going to the Philippines."

"To finish school, "I answered and moved my queen to an open area where it is close to his king. Kuya James looked down and his eyes widened. I hear some gasps and cheers from my move. "Checkmate," I smirked at him. He then looked at me, with a smile form in his lips.

"Fair Game." He said and gave out his hand for me to shake which I did. "You can go." A genuine big smile forms on my lips.

"Yes!"I shouted and ran to Kuya James and gave him a big hug. He stiffened, but then his arms came into my shoulders and pulled me tight.