CHAPTER 17

"Excuse me?"

Tumingin siya sa akin at kumunot ang kanyang noo. "You should get inside. Its more safer for your well being."

"So I should get inside and leave a bleeding man outside my terrace?" He contemplated my question and was unsure and slowly nodded.

"That's exactly what I want you to do."

"Well, that's not what I want." I approach him and position my arms to help him get up. However, he scooted away like I had a contaminated disease. I gazed at him, questioningly.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

What am I doing?

"Helping you," I said sarcastically. Seriously? Is he dumb? "Come on."I put his hands on my shoulder and help him stand up and lead him to my room. I'm even surprised that he didn't stop me. His weight is the problem. "D*mn! You're heavy," I said and he glared at me.

"Don't curse," he warned and I dismissed it. And here I thought he was angry because I told him that he was heavy. He's angry because I cursed.

"How many pounds are you?"I asked and laid him on my bed.

"That's none of your business." he coldly said. Yeah, well. That's true.

"Just lay there, I'll grab some towels and some shirts."I immediately head down and grab some basin and towel. I put the basin in the sink and filled it with water. I also hold some water to drink. I went upstairs and opened the door and gave him some water.
"Here. Drink some water."

"Thank you," he said and drank the water. I sat on the bed and opened his leather jacket. He took off his shirt and there was something black that covered his other arm, however, my attention moved towards his big wound. My breath hitched.

"This is big," I said while surveying the wound. I grabbed the cloth and was about to clean it when he stopped me.

"I'll do it." 

I shook my head.

"I-I can handle it." He let go of my hand. I then start cleaning his wound.  "I might stained your bed," he said while looking around my bed. There were red stains around, but I didn't mind it. I can still clean it in the morning so my friends would not suspect it.

"It's no problem," I said and smiled at him. I started cleaning his wound and he winced when the cloth came in contact with his skin.

"How did you get in this state?"I asked worriedly.

"Just a fight." he didn't elaborate. He does not have to. It's none of my business how he got this wound. But I'm d*mn curious.

"Are you in a gang?"

"You're scared of me." It wasn't a question. It was more of a statement.

"No, I'm not."I said in a serious tone."Why would I be scared of someone who saved me?"

"But what if I kill you?" he asked and I laughed.

"You saved me and now you're planning to kill me? Very ingenious." I joked and I could see that he was smiling. Although, I can't see his smile, but I see his eyes wrinkled.

Then, suddenly his breathing was uneven, like he was having a hard time breathing. I was about to take off his mask but realized that maybe he didn't want me to know his identity.

"C-can you just take off your mask?  You look like you can't breathe." I kindly asked and he shook his head.

"I can't." My brows furrowed, because of what he said. "I can't let you know who I am," he says in a serious tone. I scoffed thinking that he would rather die than reveal his identity.