CHAPTER 48

"Ano? Bagay ba?"Natasha asked us as she left the room in a white gown. It was an off-shoulder ball gown.

"Hmm. Okay lang naman, pero parang may mas bagay sayo kaysa diyan."Sapphire said while surveying the gown. Tumango din kami ni Amber dahil tama si Sapphire. It looks good on her, but not the total package.

We were on a boutique looking for Natasha's gown. Kami lang friends ang nandito with the wedding organizer. Hindi namin sinama ang mga boys, dahil gusto namin traditional iyong hindi nakita ng mga lalaki ang gown na susuotin ni Natasha. Pumayag naman si August, pero mukhang napilitan.

"Okay, ang dami ko pa din naman susuotin." Natasha shrugged her soff-shoulderhoulders. Mukhang hindi din naman siya nagmamadali naghahanap ng gown.

"Sige lang bhe. Support lang kami dito."Sapphire cheered to Natasha.

"Sabay critic," Amber added.

At the end of the day ay wala kaming napili na gown dahil hindi pumasok sa standard ni Natasha. It was fine, though. Ang dami pa naman boutiques diyan na pwede namin pupuntahan.

"I'm overthinking na mas malaki lang talaga ang expectation ko sa white gowns at wala akong mapili." She looked worried as she kept on rubbing her arm. "And what if nakapili na ako ng gown at nabili na but I changed my mind when it was time for my wedding."

Grabi. Pati kami nadamay sa pag-ooverthink niya.

"Masamang mag overthink bhe."Sapphire nudged Natasha.

"Don't worry, there are still other boutiques we could try."I tried to cheer her up and she smiled at me.

"You're right. Samaham ko na din si mom next time."

I'm happy for her that she's now marrying the man she loves. I hope that will also apply to me and Jace in the future. If everything goes well.

Speaking of him, when I arrived at my condo, I tried to call him, but he didn't answer. He then texted me that he was busy and would call me the next time. I was sad, but I needed to understand him. Babawi naman siya sa susunod na araw-

No, busy pa din siya. And the next day, and the next day, and the next day. It became a week that he was busy. I was overthinking, but I tried to blow those thoughts away from my head. Baka dami lang ginagawa kaya ganon.

I was in a daze while doing my work on my laptop. May pinapagawa sa akin ang boss at kailangan ko itong ipasa ngayon so I double my time with this work. I didn't get enough sleep, since I just finished what he told me to do last night. Halatang stress na ako at may eyebags sa ilalim ng mga mata ko.

I flinched when I felt a cold compression on my cheeks. Tumingin ako sa gilid ko and it was Carter. He was holding a cup of coffee and pancakes.

"Frappucino?"He asked me and I nodded. I took it from his hands and drank it. I breathed in relief that I felt so much better.

I was wondering why Carter was here. Dapat nandon siya kay mom, pero naalala ko na break na pala at ako nalang ang nandito sa opisina nagtratrabaho pa din.

Carter grabbed a chair from another table and sat beside me. "You look stressed. Mukha din wala ka nang tulog."

"Yup, I stayed overnight finishing something." I sighed. "But it's okay. It's work. Ganito naman talaga palagi."I smiled at him, telling him that I was fine.

"But you seem sad, too. Nag-away ba kayo dalawa ni Jace?"

"Huh? Hindi ah!"I want to facepalm myself because I sounded so defensive. "We're fine. Stress lang talaga ako."

"Okay, if you say so." he shrugged his shoulders. He checked the time on his watch and sighed."Babalik na ako, may trabaho pa akong naiwan doon."

He stood up from his seat and smiled at me. He then put his hands in his pockets and walked away.