CHAPTER 23

A snowflake touched my face as we continued to twirl around the dancefloor like we're the only people in the dancefloor. Bits of snowflakes get stuck in his hair as we dance. It made me smile. He looks..cute.

"Why are you smiling like that?"he asked. A smile starting to edge his lips. His hands touch me gently like I'm something so precious that should not be dropped. Just as I remembered him smoothly and gently played the piano.

"Snowflakes."

"Ah."he said and twirled me once more, then he started to change and Black was now in front of me. He didn't wear a tuxedo. Still in his black shirt and pants. Still wearing his mask. My brows furrowed as I gazed at him. The whole place was still the same, but no snowflakes. Galaxy appears up our heads that light the place. Blue. Purple. Black. White.

His hands were around me just as Jace did. Still gentle and soft. His eyes wrinkled indicating that he's smiling at me.

"Hey."

"Black?"He chuckled.

He twirled me around as my back hit his chest. He swayed my body and I could feel him in my ears as he whispered."Looking for someone?"Huskily.

"I don't..."

"Who would you choose?"he asked and spun me back. My brows furrowed as I gazed at him. What does he mean? Choose? Who? His eyes continued to wrinkle as we continued to dance.

"Pardon?"

He began to speak, but I didn't hear his voice only the sound of ringing like an alarm clock like it had replaced his voice somehow. Suddenly, I felt like I was being pulled away from Black and he didn't even reach out. My eyes opened and realized that I was in my room. It was a dream. I told myself. It was just a dream.

My attention turned to my phone which continued to ring uncontrollably and annoyingly. My brows furrowed when I realized it was a phone call and from an unregistered number. I answered it because maybe it would be something important.

"Hello?"

"Are you still sleeping?"the caller questioned. It sounded cold and bored...and familiar. Then, it hit me. This must be Jace.

"Jace?"

"Yeah?"he answered.

"How the h*ll did you get my number?"I asked him, frantically. I have never given him my number and I certainly don't remember him asking me for my number. How the f*ck did he get my number?

"From Kaizer. He got it from Amber."he answered. Then, I heard him sigh. He must be so bored.

"Why are you even calling me?"

"Don't you remember?We have a project to get started."

Right. The project. That is the reason why he called. How could I have even forgotten about that? Maybe, because I got home around 2am and it can be visibly seen that I lack sleep.

"Oh yeah."I said and stood up."I'll be right there."

"You don't even know where my condo is." he chuckled. I felt it went to my ears as a nice tune and it went down to my stomach that started jittering. I touch my stomach from its warm and fuzzy feeling. "I'm picking you up at 9."he said and I immediately looked at the clock and saw that it was already 8:30 am!

"B-but I j-just woke up!"

"Then, you better hurry up."he said and ended the call.

"Bastard."I scoffed. I grabbed my towel and entered the bathroom and started showering. When I was done, I opened my closet and grabbed a yellow top and moms jeans. I then wore a sunflower necklace and earrings. I also grab all the papers that I have researched and put it in my bag.