CHAPTER 29

I apologize for the long update. Got busy with my exams.

Anyways, Happy 354 Reads! Thank you so much!

Oh f*ck!

I closed my eyes and fear started to consume me. I was shaking vigorously and I didn't even want to turn around to see who it is. Baka siya iyon. Baka iyon kidnapper na iyon ang nandyan sa likod ko.

"Jewel?"The man spoke behind me. His familiar voice aroused me with calmness and peace. I felt my heart beating in a fast pace but not in a scared way, more of a safe way. Mabilis Ako lumingon. And there he was, staring at me with concern, asking me what happened. His hands are still both in my shoulder.

"What are you doing here, Jewel?"

Jace

"The bodyguard, you remember him?"I asked and he nodded."He send me a message that he's outside."Instantly, he went pale. This is the first time he ever displayed fear in front of me. But why?

"Can I see it?The message?"He asked. I nodded and gave him my phone. He read the text and pursed his lips, trying to think. I can sense that he looks nervous and was shocked to see the message.

"P-paano niya nalaman-"He said under his breathe.

"Jace?Is there a problem?"I was beginning to worry and was curious by his sudden change of mood. Nagulat ako ng bigla niya ako yinakap ng mahigpit. I can feel my heart quickening its pace."Jace?Okay ka lang?"He wasn't speaking but i can feel his uneasiness.

Then, he let go from the hug.

"Nothing."He sighed and smiled at me."Nothing's wrong."I didn't believe his words. Something is definitely wrong."Can i borrow your phone?Isasauli ko ito sayo sa susunod na araw."

"Anong gagawin mo sa phone ko?"

"May cleaning lang na gagawin."He smiled and put an arm around my shoulder."Let's get inside, you must be freezing."I nodded and we head inside. The guards bowed and locked the gates. Napatingin ako kay Jace nang bigla siya tumingin sa likod at masamang nakatingin sa gates.

"Jace?"I called him and he looked at me."May problema ba?"

He shook his head and said."Pasok na tayo sa loob."

After the party, everyone was already sleeping. Until I suddenly wake up in a middle of the night and thirsty. Bumaba ako at pumunta sa kusina at uminom ng tubig. While going up, I passed the study room and heard some arguing.

"You were suppose to protect my sister!"His voice boom in all four corners of the room to the point that I don't need to really put my ears in my door, because I can hear him very clearly.

"I am protecting her. I'm doing my best to stop that a**hole!" It was Jace's voice. Tungkol ba ito kanina?

"Well, be observant this time!Hanggang ngayon ay hindi mo pa don alam kung saan nakalagay ang p*st*ng tracker na iyon!"

Tracker?

"Would you be able to find out, Smith?"Jace asked, sarcasm dripping from his tongue.

"Don't try me, Montezalde!"

My breathe hitched when I heard them arguing. Hindi ko magkamali na si Jace at Kuya James iyon!But I'm confuse when they were suddenly silent. Are they already punching-

"I think someone's listening."Nanlaki ang mata ko sa sinabi ni Jace. I immediately ran towards my room and cover myself with the bed sheets. I heard the door of the study room suddenly opened and their footsteps.  When it passed by my room, I sighed and took off the comforters.