CHAPTER 47

It's been 4 months since Jace left. I already quit my job at the cafe and started working at the company. My money is still not enough to fly to France but my savings are almost complete. Mas malaki ang sahod ko doon sa company.

I was starting at the bottom, I didn't want to immediately take my position as what my Mom and kuyas preferred, but I told them that I wanted to earn my position. I also wanted to learn about each department to better lead and assess them when I became CEO. I also told the employees to act like I was their colleague and not the CEO's daughter (or future CEO). I want to be treated the same as my colleagues and I don't want my boss to show favoritism. And my boss agreed.

It was hard working because I was still a newbie. May iba na hindi ko naiintindihan, but I'm glad someone help me along the way.

As for my friends, Natasha and August are finally engaged and will be married this year. Sapphire and Rigel are still in a relationship, although Rigel is still studying to become a lawyer just like his family. Amber and Kaizer are traveling the world together, but they recently got home, because of the engagement between Natasha and August. Carter is working in the company and is Mom's secretary. I recommend him to Mom since recently her secretary resigned. Mom liked Carter and made him her secretary. I was so proud of him.

My brothers are now managing their business here. Recently, kuya Jackson opened his restaurant here in the Philippines and became instantly famous. It wasn't a surprise since all over the world, kuya Jackson was very well-known because of his delicious treats. Kuya Jaydee already has his bar here in the Philippines and he's currently managing it, while also being a bartender and DJ. Kuya Jedan and Kuya Jem are still working for Mom, saving money for their business. They were still finding land to build their works. I already saw dozens of blueprints that they made and it was amazing. While kuya James, he's out of the country, again. He has his business here, but mostly umaalis siya. Hindi ko lang alam kung saan siya pumupunta.

Still, life was going, especially for both me and Jace.

[How are you, mon amour?] he asked me through a call. We were FaceTiming each other right now.

"Fine." I yawned. It was already 8pm and one hour later ay matutulog na ako.

[You look tired.]

"I had to create a PowerPoint for a presentation, tomorrow. I will be the one reporting in front of the board members."

[Well, I'll know you will do great.] He smiled, gazing at me with pride.

"Ikaw?Okay, ka lang diyan?"The smile on his face faded when I asked him that question.

[Yeah.] he sighed. [I'm managing our company here in Italy and I found out some info about grandfather.]

"What did you find out?"

[He forcefully took land from poor people, he did illegal transactions, and he...k-killed innocent people.] Umiwas siya ng tingin, pagkatapos niya sabihin iyon. I couldn't comprehend the information he uttered. [Ang dami ng kasamaan na ginawa niya Jewel at hindi ko man lang napansin. All because I was blinded by his fake goodness.]

"We make mistakes when trusting people, Jace. It's alright." I tried to comfort him.

[Anyways, I'm trying my best to pull up my sh*t here.]He rubbed his palm at his face, looking frustrated.

"So what are you planning on?"

[I'm thinking of charity.]He smiled at me and it made me smile. Charity? That's a good idea![And giving back their lands to those people who have been taken away.]

"Uuwi ka na?"It made me excited. If he's gonna organize a charity, he needs to be home right? I can't wait to see him again-

[I wish. But I still have lots to do here.] My smile faltered from his statement.