CHAPTER 18

"Kuya Jace!"sigaw ni Jessie at mabilis naman siya tumakbo patungo kay Jace.

"Jessie,"he said her name and smiled. This is the first time I'm seeing this side of him."You seem happy."

"Yup. I want to introduce you to my new friend,"she said and Jace put her on the ground before Jessie grabbed his arm and guided him to me.

"Who?"

"Ate Jewel," she said and pointed at me.

"Jace,"I said his name. It felt weird saying his name under my tongue with no venom on it.

"Jewel."

This is F*cking weird!

"Magkakilala po kayo?"inosenteng tanong ni Jessie.

"Yeah, we're blockmates," Jace answered coolly.

"Talaga po?"

"Hmm,"I said and smiled.

"By the way, I brought you some ice cream,"Jace said and handed her some ice cream.

"Thank you. You're the best kuya."Jessie said and hugged his knees, it felt cute since she's so small."But ate Jewel doesn't have one, kuya."I was shocked when she acknowledged me. I looked at Jace, but she was still looking at Jessie.

"I only have two, Jessie. And the other ice cream is mine."Jace said and looked at me and when our eyes met I immediately looked at Jessie.

"It's okay, Jessie. Aalis naman ako, eh."I said to her and patted her head. She looked at me and pouted. She's so cute. I want to pinch her cheeks.

"You're not leaving,"Jace said in a cold tone and when I looked at him he had that cold expression. Still the same Jace."Come on. Let's go. I'll buy you some ice cream." he said holding Jessie's hand and proceeding to go out of the ballet studio.

"I should go."They glance at me. "I bet that that the two of you have somewhere to go."Nope, I don't want to be near HIM!

"But ate! I want you to come." Jessie begged. She even hugged my knees!

"The kid is calling you, Smith." Jace teased. He knows that I won't resist the kid. F*ck him! I'm going because of Jessie, not him!

"Fine, Montezalde." He smirked.

"Ang dami ng kinain mo, ah." he chuckled and I glared at him, angrily.

"Don't judge me, Montezalde." I said and continued eating the ice cream. Gosh! this is F*cking delicious!

He gazed at me like I was ridiculous.

"You know that partner of yours is quite an a*shole. Just like you. "

"Ahh...so you already met him?"he asked and I nodded."An a*shole. Just like me?"He smirked.

"Yup, but more interesting."I said coolly.

"In a way?"

"That mask of his makes me curious of who he is."

He smirked at what I said. "Do you fancy him?"

"Curiosity and liking him are two different things."

"Ah what did I say about that curiosity of yours can cause you severe trouble."I remember what he said in 7/11. This guy sure has trust issues.

"This is different. He's my bodyguard."I argue back. A snort left his lips and turned away from me. My eyebrows raised.

He then proceeded to play with his lips using his index finger and turned his gaze back at me. "Careful. He might not catch you."