CHAPTER 5

"Seriously?!You again?"

I have never thought in a million years that I would get to see this cold bastard again. I thought it was just a one-time encounter, but apparently, I was wrong. It seems like fate had other plans for both of us.

His gaze still glowed with anger and coldness as he applied an ice pack to his face. His arms flexed and I could see a tattoo on his right arm.

Veni
Vidi
Vici

My brows furrowed and wondered what could it possibly mean. Then, I gazed at the girl gawking at Jace. She was silent as the nurse continued to treat her wound.

She is staring at Jace with her dreamy expression and flush cheeks. Seems like she likes this a**hole.

While me? Hindi ko alam, sinali niya lang ako dito. I was about to leave since I thought of the wrong idea between them, however he still decided to drag me here.

"So...are you going to apologize?" My brows arched. Ano daw?

The nurse gazed at us, but immediately turned her attention back to the patient. The girl glared at me like I was disrupting some daydream that was forming inside her pretty little head. 

Dude, what did I do to you?

"Why should I apologize?"

"For punching me?" He said, sarcastically.

"I punched you because I thought you were hurting this girl," I said and pointed to the girl, who gazed at me, wide-eyed.

"That's what I thought, you thought of false allegations about me and proceeded to harm me. You know, I can file a case on that."

I don't even care. Kuya James can just bail me out. He's friends with the best lawyer in the U.S. And I also told him that I would not get into severe trouble, but look at what happened. It's even the first day of school! I also told the dean that I would not do such stupid things and yet here I am. T*ngina naman nito.

"You are going too far; I only punched you. It was not even that hard."They all looked at me like I was stupid. His brows arched from my answer, the nurse turned wide-eyed, and the girl angrily glared at me. Why is she like that?!

Okay, I admit. With a bit of staring at his face, his cheeks are a bit swollen so I kind of did punch him hard.

"Lower that pride of yours and just apologize." his voice sounded cold and authoritative, but it did not work on me. I kinda felt like laughing. He reminds me of Kuya James. It felt uncanny to see their resemblance.

'Ano ka?Gold?'

"No."Tumaas ang kilay niya sa sagot ko.

"Do you not know me?"I urge myself not to scoff. So is he gonna reveal himself as the richest CEO or the son of the president? Too cliché.

"Of course not. Why would I care who your identity is?" He grinned at my lack of respect.

"How can you say that to him?! Who are you to disrespect Jace?!" the girl frantically yelled at me. "You should expel him, Jace."

Jace gazed at the woman with no emotion. "Don't tell me what to do." Her eyes widened and turned teary-eyed, before looking down at her hands. She fiddled with them out of fear.

"I'm already finished treating her wounds." The nurse stated.

"Good."

"Y-you won't help me?" She sounded hopeful, and yet disappointed at the same time.

"If you want to, you can ask your classmates."

"B-but I want it to be you!" She sounded desperate.

The guy does not like her. Why is she forcing herself on him? He's not even worth it.