CHAPTER 28

It was already 12am, and I was still wide awake and finished wrapping the gifts. I yawned when I was now finally done. Now, I can rest.

I stood up and started cleaning the mess. Nang matapos na ako maglinis ay pupunta na sana ako sa aking kama ng bigla akong makarinig ng katok sa aking bintana. I smiled, when I knew who it was. I saw him looking at me and tilted his head and I immediately opened the sliding door.

"What are you doing at this late hour, sir?"I jokingly asked.

"My apologies, m'lady. But why are you still awake?"he asked and looked around my room.

"Just finish wrapping some gifts."

"Is my name included?"

"It depends."I shrugged my shoulders."What are you doing here?"I asked him and he immediately put hands inside his pockets.

"I have something here."He said and pulled out a velvet box. I was curious about what was inside."Although, it's a bit early but I am pretty sure you won't be here at Christmas."he chuckled.

"What is it?"

"Close your eyes."he ordered and I followed. Suddenly, I felt his cool hands sweeping away my hair and I felt a cold chain at my neck."Belle. I blushed.

I opened my eyes. I looked down and touched the red gem dangling at my neck. "Its a necklace."

"Not just a necklace."he said and grabbed something under his black shirt and revealed a red gem similar to mine."This is for your protection."

"My protection?"I was confused. How can a necklace protect me?

"If you press this red gem."He said and grabbed my necklace and pressed the gem. I thought it would glow or something, but it didn't."it will transmit a signal to my necklace that you're in danger. Thus, glowing like this."He further explained and showed his necklace blinking a red light. I kinda get why mine is not glowing and only his is glowing. Its because if mine's glow the person who took me would immediately find out that I am asking for help.

"Th-That's amazing."

"Don't ever take it off, Jewel. Even when you're showering."He said and I was about to ask if it was waterproof but he beat me to it."Don't worry, it's waterproof. Please don't lose it. It caused me millions."sabi niya at tumawa.

"Well, then I should be protecting it my whole life."I said and rubbed the necklace and I saw how his eyes wrinkled, maybe smiling at me.

"I better go. You should get some sleep."he said and pointed at the bed."Good night, m'lady."he kissed my hand, before jumping on my balcony.

We were all busy decorating the house for our Christmas party. Kuya Jackson, Rigel, and Sapphire are at the supermarket buying some ingredients. While Kaizer, August, and Jace were busy assembling the Christmas tree. Kuya James and Mom are at the study room and with a call maybe from the board of directors at the company. Kuya Jaydee, kuya Jaydan, and kuya Jayden are also decorating the house with Amber and Natasha. Although, I saw them putting mistletoe at every corner of the house, probably to target couples in the room. Well, unlucky for them they are the only couples in the room.

All my brothers are single and for a reason.

Me?I am in my room looking for those Hogwarts scarves. Jamie is helping me.

"Tita Jewel."I looked at Jamie when he called me.

"Hmm?"

"Have you fallen in love?"he asked me and I was startled. I gave him a small smile.

"It was a long time,sweetie."I said. I suddenly remembered the guy who cheated on me when I was still 15.

"How about now?"he asked.